Value of: Kuznetsov to Minnesota

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
What research is needed? Pretty easy to see a poor defensive corps. The fact that you find Orlov, Dillion, and Schultz acceptable says it all.

Justin Schultz this year

13gp - 2g - 6a -8p +8. Won some games with clutch last minute play

On the only team in the NHL with a new coach coming into the season, with undermanned goaltending, having to play 4 games without their top players, and struggling to come together all around. What does Dumba offer that's better than that, other than name recognition and showcasing that Minnesota fans don't actually watch the sport played on the ice (not that I can blame you with that "rebuild" lol)

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Schultz has been excellent this year but regurgitated memes > actual hockey played on the ice, that's why Minnesota is doing so well :laugh:

“This year” = 13 games.

Makes as much sense as bringing up memes(?) and a franchise that has nothing to do with Justin Schultz. Unless of course we’re naming teams he rightfully wouldn’t see NHL ice on.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
“This year” = 13 games.

Makes as much sense as bringing up memes(?) and a franchise that has nothing to do with Justin Schultz. Unless of course we’re naming teams he rightfully wouldn’t see NHL ice on.

This year = the year we actually care about, and he's performing well. Go sign Jaromir Jagr for his past performances lol.

This definitely sheds light on why Minnesota fans hated the Fiala for Granlund trade so much. Apparently their hockey analysis boils down to HIS NAME IS JUSTIN SCHULTZ! HIS NAME IS MIKAEL GRANLUND! HIS NAME IS KEVIN FIALA! HIS NAME IS ______ . Who cares about the sport played on the ice right?

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
This year = the year we actually care about, and he's performing well. Go sign Jaromir Jagr for his past performances lol.

This definitely sheds light on why Minnesota fans hated the Fiala for Granlund trade so much. Apparently their hockey analysis boils down to HIS NAME IS JUSTIN SCHULTZ! HIS NAME IS MIKAEL GRANLUND! HIS NAME IS KEVIN FIALA! HIS NAME IS ______ . Who cares about the sport played on the ice right?

13 games is meaningless in looking at 495 game track record.

You seem to be having difficulties staying focused at the topic at hand to take shots(?) at a franchise that again, has nothing to do with Justin Schultz. But of course, yes, Minnesotans who enjoy hockey I’m sure never get a chance to see a Washington (or Pittsburgh) team play. You know, they are so rarely on nationally televised games, how would we know what sort of player Schultz is?

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Schultz has been excellent this year but regurgitated memes > actual hockey played on the ice, that's why Minnesota is doing so well :laugh:
Minnesota has a point % of .600 and Washington's is .611. Our goal differential is +6 and Washington's is -3. That's pretty funny

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010

Oh wow, Washington's 0.022 pts per game played more than Minnesota is such a mountain. Surely that is the difference between elite and struggling. Over 82 games that is less than 2 points. Gtfo lol

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Justin Schultz this year

13gp - 2g - 6a -8p +8. Won some games with clutch last minute play

On the only team in the NHL with a new coach coming into the season, with undermanned goaltending, having to play 4 games without their top players, and struggling to come together all around. What does Dumba offer that's better than that, other than name recognition and showcasing that Minnesota fans don't actually watch the sport played on the ice (not that I can blame you with that "rebuild" lol)

Yeah, hockey mecca Washington is more in tune with the sport than Minnesota. This thread is just a dumpster fire...

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Yeah, hockey mecca Washington is more in tune with the sport than Minnesota. This thread is just a dumpster fire...

If only we had Matt f***ing Dumba, then maybe we could match the amazing run Minnesota had since they got their team back :laugh:

Reactions: dh99

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
13 games is meaningless in looking at 495 game track record.

You seem to be having difficulties staying focused at the topic at hand to take shots(?) at a franchise that again, has nothing to do with Justin Schultz. But of course, yes, Minnesotans who enjoy hockey I’m sure never get a chance to see a Washington (or Pittsburgh) team play. You know, they are so rarely on nationally televised games, how would we know what sort of player Schultz is?

Another post that conspicuously ignores any sort of discussion about how Schultz has been this year for Washington and doesn't address what Dumba would bring over him coming to a dysfunctional team whose biggest problem has been goaltending. Or why we'd want to pay anything to make that substitution.

Hey, I know Greenway has been really good for you this year, but if you ignore this year and look at the last however many years Jake DeBrusk has better hfboards pedigree. Quick, trade Greenway for DeBrusk! Because NAME!!!

Dumba has a 495 game track record of being a poor man's John Carlson. Congrats, keep him and keep throwing him into 20 trade proposals a day while never putting out actual defensemen other teams would be interested in like Spurgeon or Brodin. Just not with our team.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Imagine thinking Justin Schultz is near the caliber of defender that Dumba is.

If Schultz is in your NHL lineup, you’re about 6 defensemen short of what you need.
I mean he’s played more of a role on multiple Cup Winning teams than any DMan of note on the Wild by my count but who’s counting.

Last edited:

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Another post that conspicuously ignores any sort of discussion about how Schultz has been this year for Washington and doesn't address what Dumba would bring over him coming to a dysfunctional team whose biggest problem has been goaltending. Or why we'd want to pay anything to make that substitution.

Hey, I know Greenway has been really good for you this year, but if you ignore this year and look at the last however many years Jake DeBrusk has better hfboards pedigree. Quick, trade Greenway for DeBrusk! Because NAME!!!

Dumba has a 495 game track record of being a poor man's John Carlson. Congrats, keep him and keep throwing him into 20 trade proposals a day while never putting out actual defensemen other teams would be interested in like Spurgeon or Brodin. Just not with our team.

Minnesota wild fans know more than you, & Washington. It's cute you are accusing Minnesota fans from state of hockey for not knowing anything, but don't know yourself, Minnesota isn't trading dmen they gave contract extension to, no movement to both, & one of them is Minnesota's captain. Your embarrassing yourself

Reactions: TwiztedHeat

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Minnesota wild fans know more than you, & Washington. It's cute you are accusing Minnesota fans from state of hockey for not knowing anything, but don't know yourself, Minnesota isn't trading dmen they gave contract extension to, no movement to both, & one of them is Minnesota's captain. Your embarrassing yourself
You’re

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
I mean he’s played more of a role on multiple Cup Winning teams than any DMan of note on the Wild by my count but who’s counting.

C’mon now, this is a poor effort. The discussion is Dumba vs Schultz, not who fell ass backwards in to almost 20 years of a hall of fame player.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

Pretty smart of you to generalize a fan base based on the opinion of one person.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
C’mon now, this is a poor effort. The discussion is Dumba vs Schultz, not who fell ass backwards in to almost 20 years of a hall of fame player.
Point still stands. For all the “great” players the Wild have historically had, it’s all added up to the same pile you’ve chosen to die on here. We get it the Caps are worse than the Wild, the Caps DCore is atrocious, Schultz is a replacement player yet here we are the Caps are 2nd in a Murderers Row of a Division while the Wild are 6th in one of the worst Divisions in hockey. I guess it is what it is.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Point still stands. For all the “great” players the Wild have historically had, it’s all added up to the same pile you’ve chosen to die on here. We get it the Caps are worse than the Wild, the Caps DCore is atrocious, Schultz is a replacement player yet here we are the Caps are 2nd in a Murderers Row of a Division while the Wild are 6th in one of the worst Divisions in hockey. I guess it is what it is.
What?

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN

might wanna take games played into the equation of that one....

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
I mean it's pretty easy to say Dumba is not the type of piece they'd want coming back, but to come out and say Justin Schultz is better than Mat Dumba and Minnesota fans apparently don't watch hockey is some of the dumbest stuff I've ever read.
Missed the rest of the thread perhaps? Those statements aren’t even the dumbest ON THOSE PAGES of THIS THREAD.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
I mean it's pretty easy to say Dumba is not the type of piece they'd want coming back, but to come out and say Justin Schultz is better than Mat Dumba and Minnesota fans apparently don't watch hockey is some of the dumbest stuff I've ever read.

Apparently wild fans just have major reading comprehension problems

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad