Value of: Kuznetsov to Minnesota

TheLegendOfPatPeake

Jun 12, 2020
Washington D.C.
There's exactly 1 Wild fan in this thread with what could be called a bad take. Most seem to like Kuznetsov more than the Caps fans.

And yes, you could certainly use Dumba. That dcore is awful right now.
Nah. I’m good. If we are trading for a dman it wouldn’t be Dumba and certainly not a 1:1 trade for Kuznetsov.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
Tbh — Kuzy doesn’t strike me as a guy Billy G would target. He’d be fun to watch play alongside kaprizov tho.

llp

Jun 2, 2008
Oh man Kap - Kuznetzov - Zucc would be so great to see, and the trade would help us out for the expansion as well.

7F: Parise (NMC), Zuccarello (NMC), Fiala, Foligno, Greenway, Eriksson Ek, Kuznetzov
3D: Spurgeon (NMC), Suter (NMC), Brodin (NMC)
1G: Kahkonen

the only players I would be sad about losing would be Hartman, or Soucy, but he's already as good as gone in my mind.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
All the more reason not to get Dumba

Maybe in 2016 this "gotcha" comment would have some meaning, but he is above average defensively, plays the PP and PK well. Would be an absolute upgrade over every defensemen on the Caps not named, John Carlson who in his own right, has plenty to worry about it regarding his own defensive game.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Maybe in 2016 this "gotcha" comment would have some meaning, but he is above average defensively, plays the PP and PK well. Would be an absolute upgrade over every defensemen on the Caps not named, John Carlson who in his own right, has plenty to worry about it regarding his own defensive game.

He's not an upgrade over Orlov and Schultz. Orlov is underrated and Schultz has a bad rap but has played very well this year in a new team/system/covid crazed season and is NOT someone we're looking to upgrade. Even if Dumba is better than either of them swapping and LD in Orlov for Dumba does nothing for us and swapping Schultz for Dumba would not move the needle. Dumba's major injury and drop off in play since also cannot be discounted

Of the players Minnesota has the ones who'd actually upgrade our roster would be Brodin, Talbot, Foligno/Greenway and honestly that's probably about it. Suter would be an upgrade but at his age and cap hit its not worth it. Not mentioning Kaprizov/Fiala for obvious reasons. And moving Kuznetsov results in a huge downgrade at C unless an O'Reilly like center is coming back. The chance that Kuznetsov awakens and takes over a series like he did during the cup run is worth the headaches during this choppy season when the whole team looks out of sync.

The most realistic trade with Minnesota would be something for Talbot, but idk if Minnesota would trade him for fair value.

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
I would actually support trading Kuznetsov in the offseason, but I'd be targeting young top 6 forwards, expansion draft exempt, and/or high draft picks. Any trade for Dumba (and I won't address the value) or another d-man would need to be after the expansion draft for the Caps. They already have 4 defensemen good enough to warrant serious consideration to protect in Carlson, Orlov, Schultz and Dillon.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I would actually support trading Kuznetsov in the offseason, but I'd be targeting young top 6 forwards, expansion draft exempt, and/or high draft picks. Any trade for Dumba (and I won't address the value) or another d-man would need to be after the expansion draft for the Caps. They already have 4 defensemen good enough to warrant serious consideration to protect in Carlson, Orlov, Schultz and Dillon.

Yeah, I think that really says it all right there.

Random schmoe

Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
My point isn't that those guys are better or worse than others.

It's that they are assets that have value. And controlling the free availability of those assets is important. You never want to risk losing good assets for nothing, when instead you can lose a Richard Panik-type.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Imagine thinking Justin Schultz is near the caliber of defender that Dumba is.

If Schultz is in your NHL lineup, you’re about 6 defensemen short of what you need.

Reactions: TwiztedHeat

Random schmoe

Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Do some research on his performance so far this year before making yourself look too stupid.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Do some research on his performance so far this year before making yourself look too stupid.

What research is needed? Pretty easy to see a poor defensive corps. The fact that you find Orlov, Dillion, and Schultz acceptable says it all.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Imagine thinking Justin Schultz is near the caliber of defender that Dumba is.

If Schultz is in your NHL lineup, you’re about 6 defensemen short of what you need.

Schultz has been excellent this year but regurgitated memes > actual hockey played on the ice, that's why Minnesota is doing so well :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad