Confirmed with Link: Kuznetsov 8 year extension

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Nope, that's why i would rather see him traded. He still has tremendous value around the league but it's diminishing quickly. This might actually be the last season he'd bring back serious value through a hockey trade. Also think both this team and him could really use a change.

If he stays, i don't really care how much he scores in the regular season as long as they make the Playoffs. It's the Playoffs when he needs to be at his best.

Good thing this was dead wrong. Not picking on you, many thought 8 was fading. Some just faster than others.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Good thing this was dead wrong. Not picking on you, many thought 8 was fading. Some just faster than others.

This is the playoffs for Kuzy to be or not to be. Ov cant carry the Caps without the puck and Kuzy and Backstrom need to be the players they can be. They cant win without that. If they can do that, then Eller becomes the hole card.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
I've never had a problem with the Kuzy deal. He is a very skilled player entering his prime.
I didn't like the Oshie deal from day 1 because of the longevity of the deal. The deal is front end heavy so I'm pretty sure for a shorter deal the salary per season would have been a bit higher.

The real problem with the Oshie deal was that the money should have gone to Radulov, which would have given us a Kessel caliber threat costing 6 mil instead of a complimentary top 6 guy

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
The real problem with the Oshie deal was that the money should have gone to Radulov, which would have given us a Kessel caliber threat costing 6 mil instead of a complimentary top 6 guy

radulov last year: 18 goals in 76 games
radulov this year: 27 goals in 82 games

oshie 2 years ago: 26 goals in 80 games
oshie last year: 33 goals in 68 games
oshie this year: 18 goals in 74 games

there is zero evidence to support this weird claim

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
radulov last year: 18 goals in 76 games
radulov this year: 27 goals in 82 games

oshie 2 years ago: 26 goals in 80 games
oshie last year: 33 goals in 68 games
oshie this year: 18 goals in 74 games

there is zero evidence to support this weird claim

There's more to offense than goals. I guess Oshie > Backstrom since he puts up more goals lol.

Radulov's playmaking is on par with Kuz and his work in the corners/stripping the puck is absolutely elite.

Last edited:

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
There's more to offense than goals. I guess Oshie > Backstrom since he puts up more goals lol.

His playmaking is on par with Kuz and his work in the corners/stripping the puck is absolutely elite.

Your right, and Oshie brings a ton to the table when he is on his game. Having a head injury early in the season kinda derailed that.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Your right, and Oshie brings a ton to the table when he is on his game. Having a head injury early in the season kinda derailed that.

He's a good complimentary player but hardly what we need to go all the way when we have all of 3 guys capable of driving the offense as things stand

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017

Radulov's playmaking is on par with Kuz and his work in the corners/stripping the puck is absolutely elite.
Have to agree that Radulov is better than Oshie. At times he can be dominant like Malkin to a lesser degree. He is an excellent playmaker. Maybe not on par with Kuzy but not far behind.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Radulov is an excellent player and his attitude problems are way behind him. He was Dallas' most consistent winger this season, I thought he outplayed Benn overall. Stars are happy to have him locked up long term. I'd rather have Radulov than Oshie for sure.

Reactions: ovikovy817

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Yeah, just like Beagle the year before that. Clearly it paid off

That is a brutal comparison. Beagle still does what Be able does. He has never had the impact on the team that Is his did in his first two years. The impact that he has made this season when healthy. I would much rather have Oshie than Radulov

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
That is a brutal comparison. Beagle still does what Be able does. He has never had the impact on the team that Is his did in his first two years. The impact that he has made this season when healthy. I would much rather have Oshie than Radulov

There's a reason the Pens rattled off two cups when they replaced James Neal with Phil Kessel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->