Kurtis Gabriel and Zach Bell

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by JayRoadkill, Feb 8, 2011.

1. JayRoadkill

JayRoadkill Registered User

I know these 2 well, playing against Kurtis all my life, and Zach from school. Any idea if they have a chance of getting drafted this year? next year?

Zach is on Brampton and Kurtis made Owen Sound as an undrafted walk-on.

2. PensFan101

PensFan101 Forever Champions.

Kurtis has been the odd man out in Owen Sound since the deadline. I don't think he's even dressed in a game since... In the games he was in he looked like he could be a good player but the Attack are a deep team this season and opportunities are scare for any of the rookies except Maidens.

If he can persevere and stick around next season he'll get his chance as the Attack will be graduating a lot of forwards, and we'll get a better idea as to what kind of player he'll be. As for the NHL draft, he's not even in the conversation as a non-OHL regular.

3. Brock

Brock Registered User

Home Page:
    Zach Bell definitely has a chance to get drafted. He's not as big as you'd like for a physical-shutdown guy (6'1), but he's thick. Pretty good mobility for a big guy too. Tends to go for the big hit, which can lead to him being out of position defensively, but there is a lot of potential for him to develop into a quality defenseman. He's right in the conversation with some similar OHL defenseman (Duininck, Suellentrop, Pedan) who've got a shot. In fact, if I had to rank them, Bell would be second among those guys behind Duininck.