Recalled/Assigned: Kuokkanen and Bishop back up 12/26

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Not to be grouchy or anything. But do we need a new thread everytime these two are called up? I think this falls under News & Notes
Yeah, I've had a couple of my posts on call ups and send downs turned into standalone threads. It is sometimes confusing since I rarely ever start a thread and don't consider it threadworthy.

SvechneJerk

Christ is King
Jul 15, 2018
NC
GP (I think) stated every transaction needed its own thread, no matter how minor it was. I guess the goal is to make conversations easier to find and standardized. I get it, but it makes the thread list a little cluttered when you have the same guy going up and down 20 times a season

Semi-related:

I’ve noticed on a lot of other team boards that they have player specific threads - should we do the same?

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Not to be grouchy or anything. But do we need a new thread everytime these two are called up? I think this falls under News & Notes

GP (I think) stated every transaction needed its own thread, no matter how minor it was. I guess the goal is to make conversations easier to find and standardized. I get it, but it makes the thread list a little cluttered when you have the same guy going up and down 20 times a season

It doesn't fall under News & Notes - that should be a catch-all discussion thread. Player transactions, injuries, etc. need their own thread - that's coming from a (virtual) paygrade higher than mine or Dave's.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I somehow always thought the lyrics to James Brown's Sex Machine song went like "get up! (n' get down!) get up! (n' get down! Like a sex machine!"

Because that would make a lot of very explicit sense.

But, apparently I was wrong, and we can't ridicule this forum policy by strict obedience combined with making it a linkable official song to start these announcement threads for these guys with.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Haha:

(Do note! This was 72 h ago, not representative of the current situation! Posted only for James Brown reasons! If you did this sort of up and down in SML you'd be suspended already, like that Swede boy just was for prolonged eye contact to the ref while waving his glove up and down! He said attempted notifying of slashing, they said masturbatory gesture!

Malte Stormwall is a Canes name btw, can we get him?)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad