Kunlun Red Star 17/18: Keenan signing everyone

#2eddieshore

May 29, 2005
Can anyone point me in the right direction for kunlun tickets?

I can't find tickets on their official site and would rather not buy from a 3rd party.

Thanks a lot

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010

#2eddieshore

May 29, 2005
Thanks a lot

I will go to the game on the 14th probably

What has attendance been like recently? It has been good to see them doing well on the ice.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Thanks a lot

I will go to the game on the 14th probably

What has attendance been like recently? It has been good to see them doing well on the ice.
There is an article which was published on 13 Oct 2017. The article summed up an attendance of top 40 KHL/VHL/MHL clubs.

6c99-8df7b73a7820f4aef47864f2a6c5fccf.jpg

It is in Russian, but you can identify a club by its logo (or ask & I will translate). For example, nr.1 is SKA, played 9 home games, attendance is 11 494, which is 92,7% of arena capacity. KHL clubs are in white, VHL is purple, MHL is red (Krylya Sovetov Moscow) & VHL B (3rd tier senior league) is orange.

To reply you, Kunlun Red Star is the worst in the KHL, ranking 36 in the list. KRS home games since 13 Oct has been: Traktor (18 Oct, attendance 7400, played in Chelyabinsk), Admiral (21 Oct, att 3520, in Shanghai), Ak Bars (27 Oct, att 5200, in Shanghai), Neftekhimik (31 Oct, att 2400, in Shanghai).

Reactions: Rigafan

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Never stops amusing me that CSKA is so unpopular in hockey.
It is a mix of several problems. 1. bad marketing, 2. old arena, 3. traffic in Moscow, 4. too many other events in the city (related to a bad marketing), 5. all Moscow teams have bad attendance.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Sure, but it has consistently been worse than the rest. There was also a time when their averages were in mere hundreds.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
The surprising thing is how high is Lada considering how brutal their season is. Would be nice to see this table updated.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Remember when there were talks about a second KHL team in St. Petersburg? I guess it would be Dynamo St. Petersburg, since they're not affiliated with SKA. They got a good attendance for playing in the VHL, it would actually be interesting to see how well they would do in the big league.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
I wouldn't put it this way, as Rotenbergs are behind both clubs.
And so would it probably be with a second club in St. Petersburg as well. The main point is that the team itself is not affiliated with SKA, since SKA has SKA-Neva and SKA-1946.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
Is Yuen really on Heilongjiang? He hasn't played a single game for them and didn't suit up for them today either.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
And so would it probably be with a second club in St. Petersburg as well. The main point is that the team itself is not affiliated with SKA, since SKA has SKA-Neva and SKA-1946.

If you ask me the main point would be a team for Pavel.

tnsn78

China Bolt
Nov 7, 2017
As a Harbin-born guy who now live in Beijing, and as a big hockey fan from childhood, I'm so glad we can have some KHL/VHL teams here. During the past several decades, Harbin (together with Qiqihaer) has been the center of hockey in China. However, now Bejing is apparently taking that role away (mostly due to economic reasons). Lately in Beijing, you can see more and more (the richer) Chinese parents finance their kids playing hockey. Some of them even spent over 10k dollars annually. Although Harbin may has the better hockey tradition, Beijing (as one of the largest & richest city) is kind of the best place to locate the first KHL team in China. On the other hand, hockey is significantly less popular in Shanghai than in Beijing, even though the two cities are very similiar scale-wise and economic-wise. I believe the Kunlun RS must had taken some serious consideration before they decided where to locate their KHL/VHL teams.

However, as have been mentioned in the thread, the arena thing really hurts. As hockey is still unpopular here, I don't see many people turn into a Kunlun RS fan unless they spend enough time with the team in the arena. It's their second year in KHL already, and it's really weird a team whose Chinese name is "Beijing Kunlun HongXing" won't play a single game in Beijing for the entire regular season. Although not yet a Kunlun fan (I'd like to be, though), it's still attractive to see them playing against SKA, CSKA, Jokerits (and to see Datsyuk, Kovalchuk, Mozyakin, Kaprizov, Tolvanen) in the arena. But...Whatever.

Last edited:

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Welcome to the forum!

If I understand the situation. LeSports arena has had another events & has not been suited for hockey. Therefore they had to move to Shanghai last season. They have been repairing other arena in Beijing (some photos would be cool), which will be their home. The reconstruction can take some time, more than expected. KRS leadership really wants to come back to Shanghai, they really try to do everyrthing. Their HQ is still in Beijing. The KHL does not want one club to play in two or more cities during one season, therefore no Beijing this season. KRS wanted to play playoff 2018 in Beijing, the league said no. Last season was special, because nobody expected they would move to Shanghai.

tnsn78

China Bolt
Nov 7, 2017
Welcome to the forum!

If I understand the situation. LeSports arena has had another events & has not been suited for hockey. Therefore they had to move to Shanghai last season. They have been repairing other arena in Beijing (some photos would be cool), which will be their home. The reconstruction can take some time, more than expected. KRS leadership really wants to come back to Shanghai, they really try to do everyrthing. Their HQ is still in Beijing. The KHL does not want one club to play in two or more cities during one season, therefore no Beijing this season. KRS wanted to play playoff 2018 in Beijing, the league said no. Last season was special, because nobody expected they would move to Shanghai.
I understand the situation too, just wish it can be sooner rather than later. You know, I'm a huge Datsyuk fan and he is not getting younger every year. :) Also, the new arena is much nearer to my home than the LeSport center.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I understand the situation too, just wish it can be sooner rather than later. You know, I'm a huge Datsyuk fan and he is not getting younger every year. :) Also, the new arena is much nearer to my home than the LeSport center.

Do you have any photo of the arena? What is the progress? What will be a capacity (7k)? What is a name of the arena?

tnsn78

China Bolt
Nov 7, 2017
Do you have any photo of the arena? What is the progress? What will be a capacity (7k)? What is a name of the arena?
Unfortunately, so far the new arena is still a mystery. I can't even find enough info to justify whether the Beijing Works' Gymnysiam is really the new arena for KRS, as speculated. The CCTV 5+ channel doesn't give much information, neither does KRS' official site (http://hcredstar.com).

As for the Beijing Works' Gymnysiam, it's supposed to have a capacity between 10k-15k. I hope the speculation is true, because it's only several kms away from my home. However, I have no idea what's going on there since I haven't been to there for quite a while. It's in a region full of embassies, restaurants, bars, discos, shopping malls, and traffic jam...

tnsn78

China Bolt
Nov 7, 2017
BTW, the 'LeSports Center' has been renamed to 'Huaxi Live' and is ready for hockey games, which hosted the NHL China Game (Kings vs. Canucks) in September. I was at the game and everything seems ok. However, yes, it's busy and expensive so not likely the new arena for KRS.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad