Kunlun Red Star 17/18: Keenan signing everyone

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
I hope they get some fans. It's just sad if they don't get the interest of people going (bad management and marketing really hurts that). It's too sad to watch. Dear god let them get some kind of thing going

It would be easier if the team actually had a one permanent hometown and arena.

mtngoat

Jul 31, 2016
KUNLUN Redstar 17/18

Kunlun open season with a win !

68e42f4be6c84e23a0f1dba83ba37812.jpeg

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
I'm sure they'll do well, they've had more time to recruit and have Iron Mike at the helm!

A question I have is regarding Kunlun season tickets. So lets say I bought one, which I'm sure wasn't cheap, for this season, then they move all their games to Shanghai - what happens? Would they just refund everybody?

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I'm sure they'll do well, they've had more time to recruit and have Iron Mike at the helm!

A question I have is regarding Kunlun season tickets. So lets say I bought one, which I'm sure wasn't cheap, for this season, then they move all their games to Shanghai - what happens? Would they just refund everybody?

They started to sell season tickets a few days ago if I know. Season tickets are for regular season only, so no collision with moving to Beijing for PO.

Here are prices for season tickets and one game tickets.

One game ticket
100 Yuan, 200 Yuan, 1000 Yuan (VIP)

Season ticket
2000 Yuan, 4000 Yuan, 25000 Yuan (VIP)

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Those tickets are so damn expensive.

I do not know. For example, Slovan´s one game ticket costs 13 to 25 EUR (there is a discount for immobile fans, kids etc, so a bit cheaper). When you compare the price with salaries in Bratislava (not other parts of the country), then it is OK IMO. But people from Bratislava would know better.

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
Those tickets are so damn expensive.

I would have to agree with vorky on this one. They seem very reasonable to me. In Riga you can pay €50 or more to see Dinamo and again the salaries for 99% of the population don't agree with that.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Meanwhile for the time being, from October 2nd to 6th, they are simply going to play their home games at their opponent's arenas. What can I say, great organization those guys are running to be kicked out of the arena like that all of the sudden.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well they got kicked from Chinese arena(s) and didn't manage to book Arena Traktor either as were supposed to.

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
The stadium in today's game is just as empty as it was in that "puck drop fail" video. Who thought it was a good idea to put a team in China?

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
The stadium in today's game is just as empty as it was in that "puck drop fail" video. Who thought it was a good idea to put a team in China?

It will take time. Hockey culture in China is small and exclusive to the North, not Beijing or Shanghai.

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
It will take time. Hockey culture in China is small and exclusive to the North, not Beijing or Shanghai.
Why do you think that it's not a good idea? It's fulfilling its purpose.

I've never heard of anyone starting a business with the logic that "It will take time." You don't start a business unless you expect to have an already existent market for your product. Sure, businesses like McDonalds and KFC have started locations in China, but they serve food that the Chinese like to eat, not American style food. The KHL isn't exactly serving up a sport that the Chinese prefer.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
I've never heard of anyone starting a business with the logic that "It will take time." You don't start a business unless you expect to have an already existent market for your product. Sure, businesses like McDonalds and KFC have started locations in China, but they serve food that the Chinese like to eat, not American style food. The KHL isn't exactly serving up a sport that the Chinese prefer.

This isn't a business nor is it intended to be financially profitable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rigafan

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe

As Urbanskog says.

The main reason, we're told, is to help Chinese ice hockey in the run up to the Winter Olympics. And that some Chinese company wanted rights to do some gas/oil work in Siberia

Reactions: Urbanskog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->