kulikov

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
i'm sorry and you can rant all you want, but i want kulikov gone!! i have been watching him his whole career and had great expectations for him. ever since his injury two years ago he has been a major liability. his defensive coverage is very suspect and he's weak on the boards. his break out pass creates too many turnovers. his shot misses the net about 80% of the time and imo his heart is suspect. this guy has me extremely frustrated and i'm glad that tallon gave him limited years on his current contract. i can easily see why he wasn't invited to the russian team. it's time to take off the rose colored glasses and realize that kulikov is a liability. i'd love to see him traded for a decent return. hopefully another team will be willing to take a flier on him. i know some of you disagree, but he cannot be depended on. his game is super erratic and he's had enough time in the league to be a lot more steady and dependable. this guy really frustrates me and i for one have had enough!

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
i'm sorry and you can rant all you want, but i want kulikov gone!! i have been watching him his whole career and had great expectations for him. ever since his injury two years ago he has been a major liability. his defensive coverage is very suspect and he's weak on the boards. his break out pass creates too many turnovers. his shot misses the net about 80% of the time and imo his heart is suspect. this guy has me extremely frustrated and i'm glad that tallon gave him limited years on his current contract. i can easily see why he wasn't invited to the russian team. it's time to take off the rose colored glasses and realize that kulikov is a liability. i'd love to see him traded for a decent return. hopefully another team will be willing to take a flier on him. i know some of you disagree, but he cannot be depended on. his game is super erratic and he's had enough time in the league to be a lot more steady and dependable. this guy really frustrates me and i for one have had enough!

I agree.

kopecky82

Kopecky can into PK
Sep 21, 2013
Texas
He's still very young. He has lots of room to improve and he has proven at times to be pretty damn good. Anyways, The Toronto Star reported that the Leafs were interested in Kulikov today.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I don't want to let him loose yet. He hasn't fully developed into what we hope he can turn into, but it's his hockey sense lately that bothers me. That goal tonight redeemed many of the haters, but I still think he needs to be benched for a game or two to clear his mind. Some of these mistakes just as we saw tonight can't keep happening if we need him to be a key component to win games.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Kulikov gets his first goal of the year. Reaction? Trade 'em.
Fleischmann leads the team in points. Well, means nothing on a losing team. Trade 'em.
Huberdeau missed two breakaways tonight. You know what to do..

:sarcasm:

hockeydude1

#CatsAreComing
Mar 9, 2008
Florida

I completely agree. He always takes bad penalties that result in a goal against or momentum swing. The only good thing is he can score. His defense is very crucial and it's not helping very well.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
unfortunately i have lost confidence in kulikov. he is so erratic and really is a liability. i see him giving up great chances to our opponents on a nightly basis. as a friend said, "he's neither fish, nor foul" meaning he doesn't know what he is. defensively he's a liability, offensively he can't hit the net and his breakout pass is very erratic and causes turnovers. he's not very physical either and is weak on the boards. so what is he? an offensive d-man who can't hit the net and has an erratic outlet pass, or a defensive stud who shuts down the opponent. truth is he is neither. maybe one day he'll find his game, but 4 years of this is enough for me! he's not good in any aspect of his game, so where do you see his specialty? he's a decent skater, but that doesn't seem to help his overall game much. if we could get a decent return i'd trade him in a heart beat! yes he got his first goal, but he got a hooking, and holding penalty one of which cost us a goal. he was also responsible for the guy who got the second goal. over all his game last night was brutal!!!!! 4 years in the league with the same team and really no good development is enough time for me to say this project should be over not matter the age of the player. i've also noticed how teams take advantage of him in their o zone by constantly driving hard to the net on him and dominating him on the boards. the rest of the league has had enough time to evaluate his many faults and exploit them, but yeas he's young! TRADE HIM!!!!

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
the problem with kulikov is that he's slowly becoming a solid #3 or #4 two way defenseman with some solid grit. he won't rack up 50-60 points, but he won't be a defensive liability that still produces 30~ish points.

he's also very gritty, hits, just needs a new d-partner... however good weaver is, i think he need someone else who can move the puck so he isn't forced into doing all the offensive stuff himself

Madhatter73

Apr 20, 2004
Kulikov gets his first goal of the year. Reaction? Trade 'em.
Fleischmann leads the team in points. Well, means nothing on a losing team. Trade 'em.
Huberdeau missed two breakaways tonight. You know what to do..

:sarcasm:

Kulikov's dumb interference penalty led to a Chicago goal. He was also a turnover machine again last night. Someone needs to teach him how to pass to his teammates. I counted no less than a dozen blatant turnovers last night. Is anyone aware of a site that shows giveaway/takeaway stats? I'd be curious if he's statistically as consistently poor at that ratio as he's looked throughout his career thus far.

Talking about trading Flash is flat out dumb.

I don't think any sane person has/would mentioned trading Huby.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
kulikov has had a 4 year try out and the only thing he shows is inconsistency! he definitely is not good defensively, nor offensively. his defense partner definitely is not his problem! his inconsistency is the problem. he is a defensive liability! teams take advantage of his short comings. he also takes a lot of penalties. not the tough type you'd like, but holding, hooking and occasionally interference.

CoolburnIsGone

Kulikov's dumb interference penalty led to a Chicago goal. He was also a turnover machine again last night. Someone needs to teach him how to pass to his teammates. I counted no less than a dozen blatant turnovers last night. Is anyone aware of a site that shows giveaway/takeaway stats? I'd be curious if he's statistically as consistently poor at that ratio as he's looked throughout his career thus far.

Talking about trading Flash is flat out dumb.

I don't think any sane person has/would mentioned trading Huby.
Here's what you want...just change the season drop down so you can see past yrs and then just click on GvA (though I can tell you, your hunch is correct about how poor it is). Its only showing the Panthers to make it easier to view and find Kulikov

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats....ASALL&sort=giveaways&viewName=rtssPlayerStats

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
One thing to consider, guy is an only russian guy there ok. There's some problems always with russian mentalities, they are often difficult personalities to coach, no heart, inconsistent, roaming style of play, no discipline. BUT hear this, with russians it's more a like a leading-following thing.. Barkov is a half russian, just wait some chemistry happens between these guys.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
One thing to consider, guy is an only russian guy there ok. There's some problems always with russian mentalities, they are often difficult personalities to coach, no heart, inconsistent, roaming style of play, no discipline. BUT hear this, with russians it's more a like a leading-following thing.. Barkov is a half russian, just wait some chemistry happens between these guys.

this is just blatant racism.

kulikov have played so long in NA im sure there's no problem with this

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
this is just blatant racism.

kulikov have played so long in NA im sure there's no problem with this

No it's not, for some reason NA people thinks all people in the world should be like them or become like them. Athletes from different places do has a certain mentality, it's a collective thing.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Well, we could risk trading him and not getting back any value which is most likely to happen or we can keep him and continue banking on his potential. He'll be 23 on the 29th; that's pretty young. Kulikov was rushed in by the Sexton camp, imo. Kinda set him back.

Last edited:

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
No it's not, for some reason NA people thinks all people in the world should be like them or become like them. Athletes from different places do has a certain mentality, it's a collective thing.

you play in the NHL; you play like the game is supposed to be played in the NHL. you can't have people roaming around and stuff. you're saying he's not a top pairing d-man because he's russian and all the intangibles connected to the russian heritage...

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
He is still too young to be let go. When he is 25+ and still isn´t showing improvement you can go in a different direction. Probably was rushed though and should´ve been given more time to develop, rushing is generally the reason why prospects regress or stop developing at NHL level.

flomarilius

May 23, 2011
Miami, FL
I'm turning 23 on the 25th and hes a better skater than I ever will be:laugh:. Give this kid a formidable pairing on D and he could be a solid 2-3 D for years to come. He plays well when paired with Soupy in my opinion. He played like *** last year and for the better part of this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->