News Article: kulfan : vrana's desire to be a complete player

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I take very little from players interviews. Last season Mantha talked about how he wanted to work harder and be a 30 goal kind of player and then he crapped the bed with effort virtually every game. Not taking anything away from Vrana who had a great and exciting start with us. That said, I also expect that extra oomph of being traded and maybe lighting a fire under a player to wear off, and I am hoping that Vrana didn't just excel cause it was the end of the season. Tatar did that in his last contract year, kind of sucked all year, and then had 10 goals towards the end, so I am tempering my hopes with Vrana.

Hoping to see the Vrana we got so far, full time.

Reactions: r0bert8841

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Fine, so long as a "complete game" means both offense and defense. Don't want to see us suffocate the skill out of his game to fit in a hard-nosed system.

Skill won't disappear. You can change the way of play but skill won't disappear.

Datsyuk played defensively but the skill never disappeared.

You guys should think for a second before posting idiotic things.

Ishad

Jun 2, 2010
He’s got the chance to be a star and get paid like one. This is the best opportunity for him. Let’s hope he makes the most of it.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Hmm I prefer partial players. If we remove an arm, can we get him on a cheaper contract?

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Prior to being drafted, a lot of the scouting on Vrana mentioned his decent defensive zone play. Washington had so many offensive weapons they were trying to pigeonhole him into a third line role. Vrana was always a guy who preferred offensive play but could hustle back. Washington made the game not fun for him to play. I don't think him and Blashill will be a good mesh long-term with Blash's focus on low-event hockey.

It's sad, in GR Blashill's thing was a strong up-tempo transition game with a focus on counterattack scoring. Thanks to his crappy roster he's completely lost that since becoming an NHL coach.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Skill won't disappear. You can change the way of play but skill won't disappear.

Datsyuk played defensively but the skill never disappeared.

You guys should think for a second before posting idiotic things.

What he posted wasn't idiotic at all. Simply that he doesn't want the offence to disappear which can be the case if you focus too much on D instead of O.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I don't think him and Blashill will be a good mesh long-term with Blash's focus on low-event hockey.

It's sad, in GR Blashill's thing was a strong up-tempo transition game with a focus on counterattack scoring. Thanks to his crappy roster he's completely lost that since becoming an NHL coach.

If you're given a bunch of Lincoln Logs, you build a cabin, not a car. Give him an engine and some tires and you'll get your car.

There's a CPU shortage though, so we could be waiting awhile.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad