TSN: Kuhnhackl rejects two-year deal from Penguins

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
he was probably being offered an AAV where the pens could easily bury him, so he'd rather get a 1 year deal at ~1.5 million rather than 2 at say 900k

PensRedwings2887

Dec 1, 2010
I agree that Hunwick and Sheary are not good players. But neither are Kuhnhackl or Rowney, and both played way too much last season. Take these idiots away from Sully. Hopefully JR can undo his errors from last summer in Sheary and Hunwick, too.

Rowney just has no business playing in the nhl

Truthfully, I'd like to move Sheary for a defenseman *if Jamie O goes the f/a route, and Hunwick for anything. I'd be happy getting a bucket of fish in return for Hunwick

MalkinsPierogi

Aug 15, 2016
Indiana, PA
Sorta bummed as a Pens fan. Kuhn showed some great promise his first season here under Sully. Last season was a huge step back for him. I think he has the potential to be a decent 3rd liner on a lot of teams if given the chance to develop. Either way, whoever signs him is getting a really good player who will probably surprise you some nights.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Don’t blame Kuhn for searching out a bit of a pay day, but also happy the Pens aren’t giving him one.

Bit of a roller coaster tenure with the Pens. Hyped pretty big after being drafted then couldn’t stay healthy for several years. He seemed to be kind of forgotten about and spent time in the ECHL. Worked his way up and got a couple Cups. Not too shabby.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
He's thoroughly meh, not that much of a loss. Play him with a skilled 4C and he may give you decent production, but he'll give you like 10 points if you put him on a grinders line.

Reactions: domaug

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
He's thoroughly meh, not that much of a loss. Play him with a skilled 4C and he may give you decent production, but he'll give you like 10 points if you put him on a grinders line.

So he's your slightly above average middle of the road 4th line winger?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Have fun having no job, Kuhnhackl.

There'll be 403 forwards on teams' rosters come the start of the season, maybe a few more.

Out of all the forwards ready, willing and contractually available to play in the NHL, I'm guessing Kunhackl makes that 403. Wouldn't be overly surprised if he doesn't, but that's a big old target and there'll be worse players in that number.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
There'll be 403 forwards on teams' rosters come the start of the season, maybe a few more.

Out of all the forwards ready, willing and contractually available to play in the NHL, I'm guessing Kunhackl makes that 403. Wouldn't be overly surprised if he doesn't, but that's a big old target and there'll be worse players in that number.

403?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->