Kuemper issue

Englishcoyote

Jun 15, 2015
Manchester, England
So with raanta back for the start of pre season and with darcey’s trade value the highest it will probably ever be do we keep him and have both goalies or trade one of the ( probably darcey). What package or draft pick this year is he worth..... I personally feel we trade him and let him have a chance at a starter else where and either move up in the draft this year or get a top 9 forward back now who can score

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
His trade value will be low. Same as Raanta. I hope we keep both.

With the absurd cap-crunch, it would make more sense to trade Raanta, perhaps to a team with good forwards and no goalie (Florida?), for a forward.

But of course, as Kuemper now will hit a contract-year, this will be just a one year postponement of the trouble...

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I expect Kuemper to come back to his norm

His norm is pretty good. This is where he ranks since 2012-13 season (min 150 games). Only .006 separates him from league best.

2lbken6.gif

CNYCrunchfan1

Oct 10, 2017
Frankly I would rather start the year with Kuemper in goal. Bigger goalies are where its at and he earned it. Just cant count on Raanta full time.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
It appears that in order to achieve success these days u need two capable netminders instead of one guy who you start 65-70 games per year. We have 2. I see no need to deviate; especially given Raanta’s injury history. Let’s ride it out.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Two good goalies are especially valuable with all the back to back games as well.

Also look at the teams that made it through the first round of playoffs or that are still playing now. Most had a tandem this season.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Counting on Raanta to make it through a whole season is foolish at this point. It's not like their salaries force you to pick on right now. The only smart play is give it another year and let it play out. Of course our GM doesn't appear to need to see full seasons to give out big contracts so who knows.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
There is no Kuemper issue. This a great "problem" to have. Unless someone makes an offer we have to take, there's no reason to move one. Keep them both and play whoever is hot. Decide who to keep when you actually have to pick one, right now we don't.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Easy, keep both, our strongest position on the team. Kuemper had one great year as a full time goal tender, so he is not a proven starter yet, need 2-3 years to be proven. Raanta isn't proven as a starter. Play the hot hand, and back to backs.

Reactions: Jakey53

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Keep both and let them share the net, like they do on the island.

The real problem is Hill. What are we doing with him?

Reactions: Name Nameless

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
There's in fact no problem with Hill either. He needs a couple of more seasons as the starter Tucson before he's (maybe) ready for the show.
Ok we figured everything out.

it's funny we don't have goalie problems, or defensive problems.
The only problems the team has/had were injuries and scoring.

Maybe we can pull off a Leicester move next year :D

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Bump..... Sabres fan.

Do the Coyotes need a RHD for next year? Wondering about a Kuemper for Ristolainen swap in the off season. Similar cap hits and both are UFA 2022. Who are your D that need protecting for expansion.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Bump..... Sabres fan.

Do the Coyotes need a RHD for next year? Wondering about a Kuemper for Ristolainen swap in the off season. Similar cap hits and both are UFA 2022. Who are your D that need protecting for expansion.
That would work for me. I'd rather get a younger asset but we only have OEL and Chychrun under contract for next season so Ristolainen would be a welcome addition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad