Speculation: Kuemper Close to being Traded?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I honestly don’t see the Flames moving their 1st for Kuemper. But I think Rittich has to be going the other way (cap reasons) and another 1 or 2 good pieces in terms of futures. I think they offer a 2nd and a good prospect or young player.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
So, possibly:

To Arizona:

Darnell Nurse
Mikko Koskinen

To Edmonton:

Oliver Ekman Larsson
Darcy Kuemper

Picks and prospects to balance it out going from Edmonton to Arizona, with cap dump(s) to make the money work???

goblix

May 11, 2013
I like Kuemper and all but I'd be leery of picking up a goalie coming from the system that Arizona plays. Tochet (and seemingly any Arizona coach) employs a down right structured and stifling system which benefits a goalie.

Ledge And Dairy

So, possibly:

To Arizona:

Darnell Nurse
Mikko Koskinen

To Edmonton:

Oliver Ekman Larsson
Darcy Kuemper

Picks and prospects to balance it out going from Edmonton to Arizona, with cap dump(s) to make the money work???
This actually cost ARI more money this year than it saves them. OEL has already been paid 4M of the 8M he is owed this year in signing bonuses. Him and Kuemper together add up to 7.5M of actual money still owed, Koskinen and Nurse add up to 8.9M

Reactions: Luckylarry

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I like Kuemper and all but I'd be leery of picking up a goalie coming from the system that Arizona plays. Tochet (and seemingly any Arizona coach) employs a down right structured and stifling system which benefits a goalie.

Arizona allowed the 9th most shots in the regular season and 2nd most in the playoffs. Rick Tocchet is a fraud.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
This actually cost ARI more money this year than it saves them. OEL has already been paid 4M of the 8M he is owed this year in signing bonuses. Him and Kuemper together add up to 7.5M of actual money still owed, Koskinen and Nurse add up to 8.9M
I think people are reasoning that the issue of money is long term for Arizona. They lose real cash in year one, $1.4M, but already gain $4.9M in year 2. Unless they chose to trade Nurse/Koskinen of course.

The move does save Arizona $2.65M in caphit, so that would probably also be a factor.

Just to be clear, I don't really think this will happen, but if it does I actually do see the money making sense for Arizona even if it would not be ideal year one.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

According to a lot of Yotes fans that's smoke & mirrors. Kuemper actually gets shelled most nights. Really, the only offense that Tocchet suppresses is his own.

Ledge And Dairy

I think people are reasoning that the issue of money is long term for Arizona. They lose real cash in year one, $1.4M, but already gain $4.9M in year 2. Unless they chose to trade Nurse/Koskinen of course.

The move does save Arizona $2.65M in caphit, so that would probably also be a factor.

Just to be clear, I don't really think this will happen, but if it does I actually do see the money making sense for Arizona even if it would not be ideal year one.
I dont see any situation where they are taking back a Goalie. Adin Hill is ready to make the jump its its better to give him ice time than not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad