Speculation: Kuemper Close to being Traded?

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Arizona needs draft picks. They don’t pick until the 4th round. Edmonton has a first, but it’s 14th overall. Do they move that pick for Kuemper? I have no idea if that’s fair value, since I don’t know how good Kuemper is.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Arizona needs draft picks. They don’t pick until the 4th round. Edmonton has a first, but it’s 14th overall. Do they move that pick for Kuemper? I have no idea if that’s fair value, since I don’t know how good Kuemper is.

Goalies usually don't have high trade value, I have never understood why personally, but Schinder aside goalies don't usually get a great return maybe this is an exception

Reactions: Luckylarry

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Im confused by that guys twitter. Something about a Yotes podcast, retweeting Alberta news, videos of black people fighting.

It seems like just a mix of random crap, doesnt seem like a legit journalist.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Radio in Vancouver saying similar, but adding the Flames are involved too. Coyotes playing the two Alberta teams against each other will definitely get them a tasty return.

Reactions: Morrison

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Going to need something more credible than this
Friedman, Marek, and others have been talking about this a lot:

“Kuemper trade talk

Between their financial losses and a desire to retool the roster over the next three seasons, it’s a forgone conclusion that the Coyotes will look to reduce payroll. I examined a number of ways they could do that, including trading from a group of veterans entering the final year of their contracts. As I noted previously, it’s also possible that the Coyotes could look to move two of their most attractive assets, goalie Darcy Kuemper and captain Oliver Ekman-Larsson.”

Friedman: Flames could be a fit for Oliver Ekman-Larsson or Darcy Kuemper

Oilers Have Shifted Focus to Goaltender Darcy Kuemper

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Radio in Vancouver saying similar, but adding the Flames are involved too. Coyotes playing the two Alberta teams against each other will definitely get them a tasty return.
This wouldn't surprise me. Literally anytime it's rumored Edmonton has interest in someone, Calgary jumps in too.

That said I could see Calgary trying to grab Kuemper and OEL. Don't really have much asset wise but you never know

rt

May 13, 2004
This guy has 1 300 followers on Twitter. Not exactly the one to break major moves, now, is he?
Friedman and Marek have talked about it on 31 Thoughts twice. The last two episodes. Friedman has also mentioned it on other podcasts. The Coyotes beat-write Craig Morgan has also discussed in several recent articles and podcasts the likelihood of the Coyotes moving Kuemper as well.

Reactions: qqaz

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
This wouldn't surprise me. Literally anytime it's rumored Edmonton has interest in someone, Calgary jumps in too.

That said I could see Calgary trying to grab Kuemper and OEL. Don't really have much asset wise but you never know
Do the Oilers or Flames have any players who have big cap hits, but have a lot less in actual dollars left to pay out? I’m thinking the Coyotes might be cash poor, and looking fir that kind of help.

rt

May 13, 2004
Kumper and Crouse
for
14th and a sweetener?

Or am I undervaluing Crouse?
You’re undervaluing Crouse. And also Kuemper.

Friedman has stated frequently and emphatically that Kuemper’s value around the league is higher than just a 1st rounder. He said offers would need to start with a 1st and teams will need to add from there.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
There are NHL rumour twitter pages with over 25k followers who has never got 1 rumour right. The amount of followers someone has shouldnt deter someone breaking some real news.
I don’t have Twitter. Don’t think it’s needed, when we have HF trade proposal threads. :thumbu:

Reactions: qqaz

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Friedman, Marek, and others have been talking about this a lot:

“Kuemper trade talk

Between their financial losses and a desire to retool the roster over the next three seasons, it’s a forgone conclusion that the Coyotes will look to reduce payroll. I examined a number of ways they could do that, including trading from a group of veterans entering the final year of their contracts. As I noted previously, it’s also possible that the Coyotes could look to move two of their most attractive assets, goalie Darcy Kuemper and captain Oliver Ekman-Larsson.”

Friedman: Flames could be a fit for Oliver Ekman-Larsson or Darcy Kuemper

Oilers Have Shifted Focus to Goaltender Darcy Kuemper

I know his name is out there I was talking about a deal being close

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
You’re undervaluing Crouse. And also Kuemper.

Friedman has stated frequently and emphatically that Kuemper’s value around the league is higher than just a 1st rounder. He said offers would need to start with a 1st and teams will need to add from there.
That depends on where in round one that first is though. What if the Leafs came in late and offered 15OA plus Anderson for Kuemper?

rt

May 13, 2004
That depends on where in round one that first is though. What if the Leafs came in late and offered 15OA plus Anderson for Kuemper?
I’d say that’s a fair offer. And it also qualifies as starting with a 1st and adding from there. So it’s aligned with Friedman’s interpretation of Kuemper’s perceived value from his sources around the NHL.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Ah. Yeah. The NHL Rumors Daily account has said talks have become advanced between AZ and Calgary. That account is followed by Bissonnette, Rear Admiral, the Coyotes beat-writer and others.

The dreaded rear admiral?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Kris Russell fits the bill. Even Lucic with his bonus paid is only due a small amount of salary for next season.
If they are coming UFAs, then I think Arizona would like them. Would depend on which has the higher cap hit, and least left in actual dollars to pay out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->