Kucherov vs Ovechkin

Who is the better player?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Ovy's an all time great. I think Kucherov will narrow the gap as time goes on (a 120+ point season will help with that), but I think we're still underrating how Ovy will be viewed historically.

Currently Kucherov is better, but that it's even a legit question is a tribute to how great Ovy's career has been.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Ovy's an all time great. I think Kucherov will narrow the gap as time goes on (a 120+ point season will help with that), but I think we're still underrating how Ovy will be viewed historically.

Currently Kucherov is better, but that it's even a legit question is a tribute to how great Ovy's career has been.
Alltime Ovi is best player in Caps history, best player of generation.

Alltime Kucherov is maybe not even top 4 in team history
1. St.Louis
2. Stamkos
3. LeCavalier
4. Richards

moropanov

Mar 7, 2015
I think Kucherov last season and this season is better than Peak Ovexkin already. Much more creative and skilled player and better all around game. Ovechkin had more brute strentgh, but stickhandling hockey iQ passing defensive awareness etc Kucherov has definitely superior overall attributes. Peak Ovechkin at international level Olympics, Wch was very mediocre player his lack of hockey skill showed there badly bad hockey sense bad hands etc definitely negative value player for Russia overall at his peak times many time's terrorised skilled Russian team's game and they lost to inferior opponents like Finland or Czech..

Nathaniel

Oct 18, 2013
Kucherov will be what Ovechkin is to Crosby for Mcdavid. Kucherov will be the second heat of his generation

Reactions: 71Malkin71

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Kucherov will be what Ovechkin is to Crosby for Mcdavid. Kucherov will be the second heat of his generation

I highly doubt Kucherov gets 5 (and counting) more individual awards than McDavid. Crosby is the first player in the history of any sport who people try to argue as the "best" of his generation despite being a tier behind in individual awards.

Reactions: Zuluss

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
I think Kucherov last season and this season is better than Peak Ovexkin already. Much more creative and skilled player and better all around game. Ovechkin had more brute strentgh, but stickhandling hockey iQ passing defensive awareness etc Kucherov has definitely superior overall attributes. Peak Ovechkin at international level Olympics, Wch was very mediocre player his lack of hockey skill showed there badly bad hockey sense bad hands etc definitely negative value player for Russia overall at his peak times many time's terrorised skilled Russian team's game and they lost to inferior opponents like Finland or Czech..
This is a joke right?

Ovi:
2007/2008: Lead league in points, goals, points/gp, goals/gp
2008/2009: Lead league in goals, goals/gp, points/gp
2009/2010: Lead league in goals/gp, points/gp

That's 3 straight years of being the best point AND goal producer.

Kucherov's 3 best seasons so far:
2016/2017: 5th in points, 3rd in goals, 5th in points/gp, 2nd in goals/gp
2017/2018: 3rd in points, 9th in goals, 13th in goals/gp, 5th in points/gp
2018/2019: 1st in points, 22nd in goals, 1st in points/gp, 32nd in goals/gp

Aside from the fact that it's not a given he even wins the Ross this year, even if he does, he's still nowhere close to Ovi.

This is Kucherov's 6th season, let's say he wins the Ross, I doubt he wins the Lindsay or Hart cause of how stacked his team is, he has 1 major trophy in his first 6 years.

Ovi had 3 Pearsons, 2 Harts, 2 Rockets, 1 Ross (8 total). Your post is a mess.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
This is a joke right?

Ovi:
2007/2008: Lead league in points, goals, points/gp, goals/gp
2008/2009: Lead league in goals, goals/gp, points/gp
2009/2010: Lead league in goals/gp, points/gp

That's 3 straight years of being the best point AND goal producer.

Kucherov's 3 best seasons so far:
2016/2017: 5th in points, 3rd in goals, 5th in points/gp, 2nd in goals/gp
2017/2018: 3rd in points, 9th in goals, 13th in goals/gp, 5th in points/gp
2018/2019: 1st in points, 22nd in goals, 1st in points/gp, 32nd in goals/gp

Aside from the fact that it's not a given he even wins the Ross this year, even if he does, he's still nowhere close to Ovi.

This is Kucherov's 6th season, let's say he wins the Ross, I doubt he wins the Lindsay or Hart cause of how stacked his team is, he has 1 major trophy in his first 6 years.

Ovi had 3 Pearsons, 2 Harts, 2 Rockets, 1 Ross (8 total). Your post is a mess.

Don't argue with this guy. Trust me, I've been down this road. His hate for Ovi goes beyond any rational logic.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Alltime Ovi is best player in Caps history, best player of generation.

Alltime Kucherov is maybe not even top 4 in team history
1. St.Louis
2. Stamkos
3. LeCavalier
4. Richards

I think you're stretching it here. Kucherov is 25, and has yet to play out his prime. He's already climbing higher than most would expect in many Lightning records, and is very likely to have the best scoring season in TB history after this year. That's to say nothing of the playoffs. Kucherov's going to climb pretty high on that list, and might top it.

But nobody's saying Kucherov's career is going to be anything close to Ovy's. Ovy is likely a top-20, maybe top-10, player ever. But let's not undersell what Kucherov is doing.

Nathaniel

Oct 18, 2013
Kucherov will make the hof one. This will be his third straight top 5 point finish and he’s only 25.

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
KucherovOvechkin
25 goals38
41 primary assists16
22 secondary assists10
88 points (NHL point system)64
204 points (fair point system*)194
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
*4 points per goal. 2 points per primary assist. 1 point per secondary assist.

Kucherov is better this season by 8 fair points.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
But but. Goalz!!!
Not many people are arguing that Ovi is better because "Goalz", the poll is 81% Kucherov LOL. When points are relatively close, sure Goals can be used as an argument. But Kucherov is putting up way more points than Ovi does, so of course it's silly to try and use any argument to try and close that difference.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Kucherov. but he isnt and will never be as good as prime OV smashing 65g/125 pts or whatever

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
Meh, pace. Lemieux was almost at a 220 pts pace over 82 games but no one cares, dude scored 160Pts in 60 games.
When it's a smaller amount of games missed, it's easier to expect that the pace could be sustained. If Ovi were to have played the 10 games, it's reasonable to expect him to have hit 120. If Lemieux were to have played the 20 games or so, it's reasonable to expect he would have hit 210 plus.

Either way, the original poster you quoted is probably right that Kucherov will never be as good as Prime Ovi.

dangsLITE

Jan 16, 2011
NYC

Not really Kucherov is 3.5 years older than, 4 draft years apart from and has 2 seasons on McDavid. What made Crosby v. Ovie so significant was the fact that they were only 1 draft year and entered the same season, albeit Ovie was almost 2 years older.

Don't think we'll see something quite like them ever again. Even if Kucherov performs as McDavid's equal, they will never have the same history.

Nathaniel

Oct 18, 2013
When it's a smaller amount of games missed, it's easier to expect that the pace could be sustained. If Ovi were to have played the 10 games, it's reasonable to expect him to have hit 120. If Lemieux were to have played the 20 games or so, it's reasonable to expect he would have hit 210 plus.

Either way, the original poster you quoted is probably right that Kucherov will never be as good as Prime Ovi.
Who knows? Prime OV had those 3 big years and then fell off for a bit.
This is gonna be kucherovs third top 5 scoring finish in a row. Who knows what if he keeps like this for another 4-5 years? He’s only 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->