Oct 27, 2017
KucherovOvechkin
25 goals38
41 primary assists16
22 secondary assists10
88 points (NHL point system)64
204 points (fair point system*)194
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
*4 points per goal. 2 points per primary assist. 1 point per secondary assist.

Kucherov is better this season by 8 fair points.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
@Drew4u
If you want to see how much this board loves Crosby, then do a Crosby vs Kucherov poll and see who wins. Crosby and Ovi are 1 point apart in standings but Crosby will win the poll vs Kucherov and Ovi gets lopsided rout.

moropanov

Mar 7, 2015
Fair point system:laugh: every player has change to collect 2nd assists and if they dont get them it doesnt mean theyr points are more valuable. It doesnt matter who scores goals in line role's could be that one guy scores stats 60+20 one 20+60 and one 30+50 doesnt mean that guy scoring most of goals is better player or more valuable. Even if goals are more rarer than assists it doesnt make them more valuable. Would be same kind of logic that empty net goals are more valuable than 5on 5 goals because they are morer rarer or backhanders are more valuable than wristers:eek:

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Fair point system:laugh: every player has change to collect 2nd assists and if they dont get them it doesnt mean theyr points are more valuable. It doesnt matter who scores goals in line role's could be that one guy scores stats 60+20 one 20+60 and one 30+50 doesnt mean that guy scoring most of goals is better player or more valuable. Even if goals are more rarer than assists it doesnt make them more valuable. Would be same kind of logic that empty net goals are more valuable than 5on 5 goals because they are morer rarer or backhanders are more valuable than wristers:eek:

If you are right about this (bolded text), then please make a video of 5 year old kid scoring goals vs an NHL goalie like Ovechkin does. You can use any NHL playmaker you want to make assists.

I promise you that the very next day (after you posting this video here) you are going to have a multi-million job offer from every single NHL team. Cause nobody knows how to do it.

Last edited:

bathdog

Oct 27, 2016
Kucherov, but I'd give Ovechkin some serious thought for a single playoff run due to experience.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Kucherov, but I'd give Ovechkin some serious thought for a single playoff run due to experience.

I dunno. Kucherov has done pretty great in playoffs so far. Ovi was great last year but not so good for a few years prior

Id actually prefer Kuch for playoffs too

I think Crosby Malkin and McDavid are the only 3 i likely take before him for playoffs. Maybe Kane

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I dunno. Kucherov has done pretty great in playoffs so far. Ovi was great last year but not so good for a few years prior
Kucherov has been the opposite: in 2015 and 2016 he played at a completely different level in the playoffs than in the regular season, while the 2018 run was pretty meh after the first round. Especially considering the regular season he had.

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
Kucherov is actually at his peak and Ovy is way past his peak, so kinda unfair.

So better player : Kucherov
Better career : Ovy

bathdog

Oct 27, 2016

Id actually prefer Kuch for playoffs too

I think Crosby Malkin and McDavid are the only 3 i likely take before him for playoffs. Maybe Kane

Couldn't fault you for that tbh. I tend to value experience in those kind of scenarios. Kane would certainly be high on my list the way he's been playing.

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
Kucherov is a top-3 player in the world, so obviously him. Ovi at his best >>> Kucherov now though, but if I was a fan of another team and I could add either Kuch or Ovi, I'd easily take Kucherov.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Kucherov is actually at his peak and Ovy is way past his peak, so kinda unfair.

So better player : Kucherov
Better career : Ovy
Ovi is way past his peak but he's still ridiculously good. Ovi having the better career is pretty obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->