Kucherov or Mackinnon

• Nikita Kucherov

• Nathan Mackinnon

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
Which one is gonna play the better individual career? Both came in to the league in 2013 and played Calder finalist seasons scoring 60+ points and both really stepped up in 2018 and played themselves into the elite category among nhl stars. Both are unique players with some special abilities hard to say at the moment which one will be better​

COHawk

Sep 16, 2015
Ah, I thought it said which one has had the better individual career. I think it is Kucherov now. Think it will be Mack in the long run.

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
Kuch, but if MacKinnon has a second consecutive beast mode season, and shows that last season wasn't just an anomaly and out performs Kuch by a decent margin, then things will swing in his favor I think.

bionic

Sep 5, 2009
markham
Both phenomenal players I would love on my team. Tough choice. Kucherov has proved it wasn't just one season with an 85 and 100 point consecutive seasons. MacKinnon just had a hell of a season as a center which makes it more difficult in my opinion. Went with Kucherov.

BeastoftheEast85

Dec 31, 2010
New Jersey
Last season is very close but I would vote Kuch due his track record. He has been great the last 4 seasons and one of the absolute best players in the league the last 2.

Over the last 4 years he put up 138g 178a in 313 games vs 90g 150a for Mack in 292 games.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Close, but went with MacKinnon because he’s expected to do more on his team. The Lightning are blessed to have a handful of elite players, MacKinnon doesn’t have that.

Reactions: 99664987

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I'd go with Mackinnon. Mostly for the physicality in his game. But also because he's a center, and I don't think last season was an anomaly. I actually think it's more likely the 3 previous years were inside his development time, and that's done.

Reactions: 99664987

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
MacKinnon needs to prove for more than 1 year that he's not just a 50-60 point player to make this an argument

as recently as literally one year ago he put up 53 points in 82 games
"Not just a 50-60 point player" seems a little harsh since the guy just scored pretty much 100 points, but I agree. The three years following his impressive rookie years were rather underwhelming point wise, I'd like to see him have another season at least at a PPG range before rating him as highly as some have been doing. Kucherov is the more proven player here but MacKinnon could change that.

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
MacKinnon needs to prove for more than 1 year that he's not just a 50-60 point player to make this an argument

as recently as literally one year ago he put up 53 points in 82 games
Something about distributing the responsibility with Duchene... First 10 games 5 points for Mackinnon and the rest is history

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
"Not just a 50-60 point player" seems a little harsh since the guy just scored pretty much 100 points, but I agree. The three years following his impressive rookie years were rather underwhelming point wise, I'd like to see him have another season at least at a PPG range before rating him as highly as some have been doing. Kucherov is the more proven player here but MacKinnon could change that.
Kucherov has Stamkos and Hedman ahead of him carrying the load in one of the best teams in NHL. Colorados top dog is Mackinnon, hes #1 most important player for his team

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Kucherov has Stamkos and Hedman ahead of him carrying the load in one of the best teams in NHL. Colorados top dog is Mackinnon, hes #1 most important player for his team

Stamkos isn't carrying the load ahead of Kucherov lel

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Not denying that. Colorado is MacKinnon's team and he doesn't have the same supporting cast as Kucherov does. Just saying that he needs to show his elite 1C scoring for numerous seasons, not just one. But I don't see any reason why he couldn't do it.

Also Stamkos isn't carrying Kucherov by any means. It's the other way around. The argument is between Kucherov and Hedman on who's our best/most important player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad