Kucherov or other options

Richards18Forever

Nov 15, 2006
philadelphia
Just curious with him still out there unsigned.

first question
of the top line left wings still unsigned who would you be interested in and what would you try to offer to land them in a trade and sign deal. remember the deal has to be realistic that other team would expect and also account salary cap.

second question
is anyone else just shocked that there are so many top talent players still unsigned and that no one has tried a offer sheet on any of them.

Curious what Philly faithful think.

Example. supposedly Tampa needs to sign Nesterov Kucherov and another depth forward.

either go directly after Kucherov or start with Nesterov at a slight raise to lock Tampa in and then go after Kucherov. (this move isnt necessarily made by Philly since we wouldn't want nesterov with how many D we already have)

what's everyone's thoughts.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
We only have about $1m in cap space with a 23 man roster.

But I think other teams who do have cap space should try and OS Kucherov.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Simmonds + Read (cap dump) + 2nd for Kucherov + 3rd

Kucherov-Giroux-Voracek
Raffl-Couturier-Schenn

Or flip-flop Kucherov and Raffl

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Striet Read, and/or Schultz would need to be moved to make a deal

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
You think Kucherov at ~$7MM over the next 5+ years is less valuable than Simmonds at ~$4MM over the next 3 years? Okay...

This. Although having Kucherov locked up that long for that price could pose problems when our D prospects ELC's expire.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
Simmonds + Read (cap dump) + 2nd for Kucherov + 3rd

Kucherov-Giroux-Voracek
Raffl-Couturier-Schenn

Or flip-flop Kucherov and Raffl

Tampa Bay can barely afford anyone without Kucherov's contract on the books right now. How are they gonna afford Simmonds and Read?

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
General Fanager has the Flyers current cap hit at $1,038,334mil, with 14 Forwards (Jordan Weal is included), 7 Defensemen and 2 Goalie's on the 23 man roster.

So with only 1,038,334mil left in cap space where is the money to sign Nikita Kucherov.

If Wayne Simmonds was involved in a trade for Kucherov, that could be one of the pieces Tampa Bay would want coming back the other way, but I can't see Tampa Bay being interested in Matt Read, Mark Streit or Nick Schultz for Nikita Kucherov.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
The Flyers don't need to trade any of their players or draft assets for Nikita Kucherov.
Philadelphia should keep building from within the organization and stay on course.

If Konecny makes the roster out of training camp the Flyers would have two solid lines up front, barring an injury to one of the Flyers top 6 between now and the start of the regular season.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
You think Kucherov at ~$7MM over the next 5+ years is less valuable than Simmonds at ~$4MM over the next 3 years? Okay...

Kucherov is a prolific goal scorer no doubt. But Simmonds at 4 mil thus far provides slightly less offense, is a RH shot and is prolly the 2nd best powerforward in the NHL. Those intangibles should not be ignored, and I'm sure they are not.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
At this point there's really no need for either party to cave into a deal they don't like. Kucherov will be away at the World Cup & we still got some time before the NHL season opens. When it gets close to that date I'd imagine someone will blink.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Tampa Bay can barely afford anyone without Kucherov's contract on the books right now. How are they gonna afford Simmonds and Read?

Yeah thats a good point.

Flyers would need to clear cap space another way before being able to make a pitch for Kucherov.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
Adding a contract like that is not what this team needs right now. Need to trust that ELC talent is going to step up to the plate over the next 2-3 years to really build something special

pwnstick

Jun 25, 2014

In the salary cap world we live in, yes, you have to take the greater relative value which is Simmonds @ 4 mil.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
In the salary cap world we live in, yes, you have to take the greater relative value which is Simmonds @ 4 mil.

I think you're forgetting Kucherov is also like 6 years younger than Simmonds. That combined with his awesome playoff numbers and its an easy decision for me. I'll take a 23 year old Kucherov for 7 million per for 7 years over a 29 year old Simmonds with 3 years left for $4 million.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad