Kucherov or MacKinnon

kuch or mac

• Kucherov

• MacKinnon

Results are only viewable after voting.

CptPicard

Mar 30, 2013
Timing is not great, Kuch is destroying league while Mack is struggling.. Its still Kuch with a very slight margin.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
MacKinnon is better than Kucherov, and Kucherov is 50% more expensive. Quite easy.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I voted Mack

mostly because i don't think Kuch will sustain this pace much longer, and i like Mackinnon better long-term. Center vs Winger also.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
There is no competition here. Kucherov has 100 point season + on pace for 135 point season.
He is comparable to McDavid now not to MacKinnon.

Reactions: geoo9

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Kucherov’s contract gonna look like a god damn steal if he keeps playing the way he is. So I don’t think contract matter that much considering that Mack will probably sign something over 11M$ when Kuch will still have 4 years at 9,5M$ thanks Matthews :( So contracts will be pretty even IMO. Hard not to go with Kucherov though even if I freaking love Mackinnon.

Reactions: alexgreeen

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
MacKinnon is better than Kucherov, and Kucherov is 50% more expensive. Quite easy.

24 point gap, MacKinnon forgot how to score or something the past 3 months? You're saving money for a guy who produces less, makes sense.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
24 point gap, MacKinnon forgot how to score or something the past 3 months? You're saving money for a guy who produces less, makes sense.
2 years younger, already scored 97pts, will improve on that. Currently on pace to hit the century mark. Just hit his prime last season, really. He was 2nd in Hart voting.

His ceiling is higher than Kucherov's. Kucherov's highest point total at MacK's current age was 66. And he hit 85pts the age MacKinnon got 97.

Kucherov is on an amazing hot streak, best in the league this week, but you must look beyond that. But both are elite, and very close in talent. Any way you put it, Kucherov ain't 50% better than MacKinnon, even fanboys must admit that. And that is the question in the poll.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
2 years younger, already scored 97pts, will improve on that. Currently on pace to hit the century mark. Just hit his prime last season, really. He was 2nd in Hart voting.

His ceiling is higher than Kucherov's. Kucherov's highest point total at MacK's current age was 66. And he hit 85pts the age MacKinnon got 97.

Kucherov is on an amazing hot streak, best in the league this week, but you must look beyond that. But both are elite, and very close in talent. Any way you put it, Kucherov ain't 50% better than MacKinnon, even fanboys must admit that. And that is the question in the poll.

How could you say his ceiling is higher than 99 points in 60 games? I'll bet my house he never puts up numbers like that.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
This guy
IMFcRAV.gif

Reactions: Master P

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Yeah, one plays on the Avs and the other plays on the Lightning

One is Kucherov and one is Mackinnon, that's the biggest difference.

I mean if the Av's weren't dumb they'd have a center who's on pace for 95 points to back up that first line instead they gambled on a guy who has 16 points this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: DFC

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Mackinnon will never touch the current season Kucherov is having.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Mackinnon will never touch the current season Kucherov is having.
There's a good chance Kucherov won't touch it either. MacKinnon was better last year and might be better next year as well.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
There's a good chance Kucherov won't touch it either. MacKinnon was better last year and might be better next year as well.

Casually includes "might be better next year" and dismisses currently being "outscored by 23 points this year"

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I think they’re pretty even all things considered. I’d be interested to see how they’d do if they switched teams, Mack would surely dominate like Kuch has if he got to play with all the guys on TB. Whereas Kuch would only have 2 top 6 guys to help him out and be the focus of every team every night. Not that he isn’t, but there’s more weapons to worry about for the Lightning.

Regardless I think it’s close and both guys are top ~5 players. Can’t chose wrong here so I’ll homer vote mackinnon.

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
Kucherov by a large margin.

Amazing that people would suggest that MacKinnon has a higher ceiling yet, Kucherov is having a historic season...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad