Rumor: Krug's Rights to be traded. DRW in running

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
EDIT: I don't have the patience to look it up, but if anybody is interested in doing the research, I'd be very curious as to when during the rebuilding process teams like Pittsburgh and Chicago added a free agent here or there to help the kids they were drafting.
They signed Sergei Gonchar the year Crosby was drafted. By that time they had already drafted Whitney (5OA), MAF (1OA), Malkin (2OA). So basically they had a fire sale in 2001 offseason, and started buying in 2005. 4 years of complete dumpster fire because they were going bankrupt.

So if we go by that timeline, we need to suck really bad for 2 more seasons, then add talent when we get a generational talent by picking #1 OA. Eventually we have to win the lottery.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Yzerman must bring elite LD . It's very important for our kids to learn from the best. Next season will be mess , but it will be more for other teams than for us . For next 2 years going to be learning, rebuilding time.
Players like krug usually play till late 30 . If we get it will be good move

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Yzerman must bring elite LD . It's very important for our kids to learn from the best. Next season will be mess , but it will be more for other teams than for us . For next 2 years going to be learning, rebuilding time.
Players like krug usually play till late 30 . If we get it will be good move

Krug isn't even top pairing let alone elite.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Something tells me Krug will test the market and resign with the Bruins.

It wouldn't be surprising. Stamkos did the whole song and dance but ultimately stayed put. It's nice to get your name out there, see what you can get from others, but ultimately unless the money is way off, maybe he just stays put.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
They'd prefer RhD like Niskanen was.
I fully expect Philly to offer the moon to Pietrangelo come FA. For a team on the cusp of the Cup to lose their #1 RD I don't think any amount of money will serve as a barrier for them from signing him. Maybe Stevie can make a move for JVR if he isn't bought out? He doesn't have a trade clause.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I fully expect Philly to offer the moon to Pietrangelo come FA. For a team on the cusp of the Cup to lose their #1 RD I don't think any amount of money will serve as a barrier for them from signing him. Maybe Stevie can make a move for JVR if he isn't bought out? He doesn't have a trade clause.
In this trade climate, they'd better shed salary first then go after Pietra or otherwise it might cost them some serious assets to get under the cap.

Niksy is only 33, not sure why he retired, but best wishes. Thanks for bringing the Cup to DC.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

JVR???

Nope. Straight up nope.

Peter Tosh

Dec 19, 2007
The fact that his rights havn't been dealt may point in the direction that Krug already has made up his mind.

Last edited:

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Undersized offensive d-man? Pass.

I dont care what size they are. Offensive defensemen are in short supply around here... And so is talent. Id gladly take Krug here, the contact will decide if he is worth it. No doubt in my mind he will instantly become our most talented D, and improve the team if we were to sign him.

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
I dont care what size they are. Offensive defensemen are in short supply around here... And so is talent. Id gladly take Krug here, the contact will decide if he is worth it. No doubt in my mind he will instantly become our most talented D, and improve the team if we were to sign him.

At what cost? If it is at the cost of someone who can play defense, then no thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->