Kruger Dangerous Play Against Columbus

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
skates are meant to do only as their name implies

not to attempt to score a goal. if this is no problem then they might as well allow kicking the puck into the net to stand as a goal

member 151739

skates are meant to do only as their name implies

not to attempt to score a goal. if this is no problem then they might as well allow kicking the puck into the net to stand as a goal

Okay. Then you're against kicking the puck as a pass when you're without a stick? Sounds very, very dangerous to only use your hand in that situation.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Clint Malarchuk has goalie pads and shin pads around his neck? Steve Tuttle must have been going faster than the replay made it look.

Yes, that's exactly what I said. :rolleyes:

I'm sure you couldn't possibly have deciphered the larger statement I was making regarding the danger of players skates headed towards goalies, in spite of all their equipment.

Last edited:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Okay. Then you're against kicking the puck as a pass when you're without a stick? Sounds very, very dangerous to only use your hand in that situation.

kicking a puck for a short pass is completely different

when you have guys fighting for a loose puck in the crease and let's say kicking the puck in for a goal is legal, you would have guys falling, bodies on the ground, and skate blades going up. just a very dangerous situation. which is why anyone who says that players should be allowed to kick pucks in for goals is off their rocker

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Very dangerous play, can't believe they let that result in a goal. It's basically taking the two most dangerous aspects of goalie interference and kicking the puck and combining it into one. They should immediately put a clause in the rulebook that states that should result in a major penalty so we never see it happen again.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
That he tried to Ty Cobb the goalie and a goal was scored as a direct result. Seems pretty damn clear to me

It is.

But you're underestimating how many people here at hfboards will ignore the obvious point being made and play semantics games so they can argue.

It's one thing to disagree with the actual point being made and state your opposition, but so many people essentially lawyer up just to debate for the sake of debating. It's ridiculous.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
I'm going by what you said.

And Kruger didn't score. So I don't know what the whole hubbub is about.

I'm sure Markus Kruger is a great guy, but this is just a dangerous (and frankly, dumb) play to make. It's one thing to use your skate kick the puck to your stick while standing upright, it's quite another to launch yourself feet-first at a loose puck, especially in that area.

How about this? Any skater, offense or defense, who leaves his feet in the crease gets a major penalty.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
What I find amusing is that by the rules for goaltender interference apparently this admittedly risky play is not goaltender interference and it resulted in a good goal, but there was another play earlier in the game where Hossa was actually called for goaltender interference and got a goal taken away for running into Bob's glove while chasing after a loose puck and then hitting the loose puck in the net where there really wasn't a safety concern at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->