Speculation: Kruger back to 2nd line?

LBS8844

Apr 10, 2013
Yeah, he got rocked pretty good by that hit. Zus will be back at #2C as soon as he's able.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
This has everything to do with Handzus missing practice.

And if Handzus were to miss a game, I'm not sure they'd put Kruger over Shaw in the top-six. I could be wrong, but I have a feeling 'Zus is a little banged up and getting a couple maintenance days before Saturday night's game.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
This has everything to do with Handzus missing practice.

And if Handzus were to miss a game, I'm not sure they'd put Kruger over Shaw in the top-six. I could be wrong, but I have a feeling 'Zus is a little banged up and getting a couple maintenance days before Saturday night's game.

Q likes Kruger. I would expect him to but Kruger in the top 6 over Shaw.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Wouldn't mind trying it out for a few games. Kruger has looked good this year, could be a good playmaker for Sharp and Hoss.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Kruger has yet to consistently "make plays" offensively in the NHL, Hawkaholic. Really does belong in the bottom-6 but I suppose thin at center is thin at center.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Kruger has yet to consistently "make plays" offensively in the NHL, Hawkaholic. Really does belong in the bottom-6 but I suppose thin at center is thin at center.

You're right, he hasn't done it consistently. But he has improved his game from what I have seen. And yes, he is our best option, doesn't mean it's a good option.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
Chicago Blackhawks ‏@NHLBlackhawks 42m
Coach Q: Handzus did not skate today - "maintenance day" - but is expected to play Saturday against Tampa Bay. #Blackhawks

Brian Hamilton ‏@ChiTribHamilton 29m
#Blackhawks weary of early rest, Michal Handzus should return Friday after missing Thursday practice. Trib post: http://trib.in/175b143

Savardian Spinorama

Mar 29, 2011
Chicago
I don't think anyone was expecting Zeus to skate for 82. So many guys that deserve a chance at 2C, might as well start with one of the guys on the roster.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Hayes had the puck a lot Tuesday, but he didn't do anything memorable. He just had the puck on his tape and failed to create any opportunities for himself or others. Time to give Smith a nod and see if he does better. After they see Smith, they can go from there.

Nothingman*

wonder more about Smith on the 3rd line, not Jayes.

I also would prefer that. Hayes just does not seem to fit on this team. At least at the moment. Ben Smith prolly will not be any worse than Hayes but I suspect Hayes will get a few more games before the change happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->