Value of: Krug for a Center

canucklehead44

Jun 28, 2015
No trade from Vancouver works. Closest would be Sutter and Juolevi (projects to be a 35-40 point two way Dman) for Krug. This deal though is a lose-lose on both sides. Horvat is close to untouchable.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
More likely to find a deal for a winger. Not too many teams with an extra #2C kicking around that would like to exchange them for an offensive d-man. Plus with Krug being injured at the moment, don’t see any fair deals coming. It’s funny I poo poo’d you talking about Schenn in another thread, but STL might be one of the teams that could entertain Krug for a C with Thomas looking ready to move up.

Reactions: SPV

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Danault
Schlemko
Draft pick

For

Krug
Heinen

Not sure of the draft pick needed but ya I could see a fit if you put aside the history between the two teams.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Danault
Schlemko
Draft pick

For

Krug
Heinen

Not sure of the draft pick needed but ya I could see a fit if you put aside the history between the two teams.

I think the Bruins quickly pass on this but it's a moot point since the Bruins and Habs making a major trade with each other is about as likely as an asteroid hitting the earth tomorrow.

Reactions: wintersej

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
What is the best center you would offer for Torey Krug??

And maybe if the Bruins add a Danton Heinen and/or prospect or picks.

You're doing this wrong, every one is looking for defencemen, off all kinds!:DD

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I said "+", that could be another valueable piece.

Frans Nielsen had 33 pts last year, +1, almost no PP time & was our 3c shutdown center flanked by Helm & Abdelkader (not exactly known for their offense). Did this on crapfest of a team, with 1 PMD, Green who only played 66 games. He'd put up 45-50 on a good team w/PP time, while being responsible defensively, good on PK, faceoffs, even strength etc. He's decent to good at everything except hitting & physical play/board work. Ask Isles fans.

AA game-breaking/blazing speed, hands, NHL size, elusive, young, $3M/2yrs., good for 2-3+ breakaways per game, backs off the opposing D.

Last edited:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I said "+", that could be another valueable piece.

Frans Nielsen had 33 pts last year, +1, almost no PP time & was our 3c shutdown center flanked by Helm & Abdelkader (not exactly known for their offense). Did this on crapfest of a team, with 1 PMD, Green who only played 66 games. He'd put up 45-50 on a good team w/PP time, while being responsible defensively, good on PK, faceoffs, even strength etc. He's decent to good at everything except hitting & physical play/board work. Ask Isles fans.

AA game-breaking/blazing speed, hands, NHL size, elusive, young, $3M/2yrs., good for 2-3+ breakaways per game, backs off the opposing D.

I know who they are. Krug is a 60 point d-man.

Edit: let me rephrase. Krug is a top 40 (at least) d-man. Do you think Nielsen or AA are top 200 forwards? Top 300?

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Danault
Schlemko
Draft pick

For

Krug
Heinen

I'm not a huge Krug fan, but Krug = Danault to me, so that means Heinen for Schlemko, which is ridiculous.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I know who they are. Krug is a 60 point d-man.
Krug is a small, but fine player w/1 51 pt season & 1 59 pt season on a SC contender. Prior to that his career average is ~41.5 pts, which is still very good.

How about, Danny Dekeyser+ either Frans Nielsen or AA, your choice. Not sure about your cap, so you can send 3-4M cap dump this year if needed. Gives you guys some good Depth either way. Boston's cup window is narrowing considering the age of your core, even if McAvoy, DeBrusk etc. young guns look good. Also TBL & TML are a beast, then there's always Pens & Caps to contend with.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Krug is a small, but fine player w/1 51 pt season & 1 59 pt season on a SC contender. Prior to that his career average is ~41.5 pts, which is still very good.

How about, Danny Dekeyser+ either Frans Nielsen or AA, your choice. Not sure about your cap, so you can send 3-4M cap dump this year if needed. Gives you guys some good Depth either way. Boston's cup window is narrowing considering the age of your core, even if McAvoy, DeBrusk etc. young guns look good. Also TBL & TML are a beast, then there's always Pens & Caps to contend with.

Bruins don’t need a LD. Moving Krug is to try to get a top 6 forward. Detroit not a match.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
No team of the face of the earth is looking to take on two of Detriot's worst contracts for anything of even marginal value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Fair enough. Counter proposal, Nyquist & Nielsen for Krug & cap dump.

Only dump we have is Backes. And his cap hit is too big for Detroit. And he has an interesting structured contract that leaves him being owned 5 million over 2 years with a 12 million cap hit over that time (after Boston pays his July 1 bonus). So easier to dump him on a team not up against the cap that thinks he is worth 2x2.5 in real money.

Edit: and Nielsen is an even worse contract than Backes.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad