Proposal: Krug + Bjork for Stone + 3rd

Kazcram

May 13, 2012
Shakespeare Ontario
Bruins get a top 6 RW they have been looking for for Krech and sens get a good Karlsson replacement and a good young prospect that can play in the lineup rightaway .
Given his UFA status after this season its a big price to pay for Stone from bostons side .

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
God, that’s awful for the Sens.
This is hilarious. Awful for Sens, Stone is a 62 Point forward heading to UFA, Krug is a 59 Point DMAN with yet another year on his contract, plus they have to add a high end prospect. Don’t sit around waiting for this deal to happen, never going to happen ever.

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
That 62 point winger, without any supporting cast, plays better defensive hockey than your undersized 59 point dman that would struggle to post 30 points in Ottawa.

It is hilarious evaluating a player on only one aspect of their overall game.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
That 62 point winger, without any supporting cast, plays better defensive hockey than your undersized 59 point dman that would struggle to post 30 points in Ottawa.

It is hilarious evaluating a player on only one aspect of their overall game.
So let’s throw crap at the wall and see what sticks. How many NHL DMEN have out pointed Krug the past two years, four I think. You can believe whatever you like but that deal sucks and will never come close to fruition.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
If I am Ottawa I say DeBrusk or bust. Especially because I don't want to send Stone east. And the Bruins say no. And Stone gets moved out west.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
If I am Ottawa I say DeBrusk or bust. Especially because I don't want to send Stone east. And the Bruins say no. And Stone gets moved out west.
This probably.

But I am still in awe the Sens are gassing a quarter of their trade partners so their fans don’t feel bad. To be that tone deaf is impressive really.

They’ll have college courses on that team someday. How the Sens ended up with 6 fans and moved to Houston 101

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
No real need for Krug in Ottawa. He would help a contender moreso than a rebuilding franchise where his play on it's own aka pure offensive ability does not help bad teams it only helps good teams. Bjork is nice and all but it would most definitely have to be DeBrusk or Donato which also doesn't make sense from the Bruins money management perspective.

TLDR: Not much of a match here.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Would not trade Stone for that package. We have literally no use for Krug.

If Stone were to be traded, even as a rental, picks and prospects only.

Also before making your offer, understand that Stone is a considerably better player than you think he is.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Stone would be a great fit in Boston. But they should probably just wait until next summer if they really want him.

They’ll be in a better position to jettison some contracts if they really want to go down that road then as opposed to now.

And they won’t have to give up additional picks/higher pick if they trade for then sign him which is the most asinine inclusion going in all trade deals these days

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Ottawa needs assets that they have the rights to for 5+ years. Krug being able to walk in a year leaves Ottawa with a depreciating asset.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
Would not trade Stone for that package. We have literally no use for Krug.

If Stone were to be traded, even as a rental, picks and prospects only.

Also before making your offer, understand that Stone is a considerably better player than you think he is.

I think Krug is a considerably better player than you think he is. No use for Krug? Come on, running the power play and providing offense and transition from the defense position is something that every team desires.

I do agree that Stone will probably be traded for picks/prospects, time after time we see that teams are much more willing to pay higher prices in picks/prospects than they are to give up an actual impact player for a guy with one year left on his contract. For the most part teams just don't give up established impact players for players who are 1 year players.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
The NHL 2019 value is PLENTY coming from Boston. IRL, the Sens are not going value Krug as much as 95% of the other teams in the NHL, and they CAN'T trade in the division or conference even after Karlsson and Hoffman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->