Kronwall talks about the team & his future

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
He seemed more open to the process of talking to management about being traded than I was imagining in my head

Interesting perspective
I guess Kenny's loyalty has been paying off in the eyes of the vets. He straight up said "So, I think I owe him for what he has done for me". How many times do you hear a player talk about the GM like that lol

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
The 38-year-old defenseman, a Stanley Cup winner, in his 15th season with the Red Wings and the last in his seven-year $33.25 million contract, said he would consider a proposed trade.

If approached by Ken Holland in the coming weeks about a deal with value to the franchise, Kronwall said he would feel duty bound to at least listen.

A modified no-trade clause allows him some control.

He expressed surprise and said he had not heard about a couple of reports that the Maple Leafs are interested in him, hoping to augment their lagging defensive corps with a veteran playoff performer.

“I haven’t really put too much thought into it,” he said. “For myself, I’ve always put a lot of pride into being with the same organization.

“But, at the end of the day, you realize also that Kenny is trying to do what he can to improve this team.

“So, if he were to come ask for something, then I think part of my job is to listen to that, to hear what he says and what he is thinking.

“I have all the respect for what he has done and how he’s treated me over the years. So, I think I owe him for what he has done for me to listen to what he has to say, if that comes up.”

So it's not out of question, that he could make a favor future Red Wings, by collecting us some extra draft picks.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Sounds to me he plans on playing past this season...which is fine...somewhere else

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
You can kinda see how players feel during a rebuild. He's saying that they don't really need to rebuild, they just need to play better. It's a kind of denial.

Yeah, it’s not denial.

The players don’t give one flying **** about your “need for a rebuild”

And they do need to play better. What Kronner is saying is that they haven’t played up to their capabilities and that’s true.

Players have absolutely nothing to do with planning a rebuild. It isn’t denial. It’s something that is completely irrelevant in a signed player’s view. No player wants to be in a rebuild.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Yeah, it’s not denial.

The players don’t give one flying **** about your “need for a rebuild”

And they do need to play better. What Kronner is saying is that they haven’t played up to their capabilities and that’s true.

Players have absolutely nothing to do with planning a rebuild. It isn’t denial. It’s something that is completely irrelevant in a signed player’s view. No player wants to be in a rebuild.
They're in denial about their ability to compete. They think they just need to play harder and they'll be a winning team, and that's not true. It's sad, because that means they blame themselves for not being good enough. You can't compete your way to elite level talent. I think they know that, deep down.

Last edited:

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
They're in denial about their ability to compete. They think they just need to play harder and they'll be a winning team, and that's not true. It's sad, because that means they blame themselves for not being good enough. You can't compete your way to elite level talent. I think they know that, deep down.

Well define “winning team”. If they play harder I’m sure their record will improve. If he means “play harder and we can win a cup, then ya you’re right. If he’s saying “play harder and we can be above .500 then It’s debatable. It’s today’s NHL you can Ben 20-18-8 and technically be a “winning” team, even though you are really 20-26.

I don’t think anyone is in denial.

Reactions: Adityase

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013

You're putting words in his mouth though. He didn't say they could be a 'winning team'. He said he thought they could play better than they have and win a little more.

Reactions: Oddbob and kliq

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
You're putting words in his mouth though. He didn't say they could be a 'winning team'. He said he thought they could play better than they have and win a little more.
Which is true for every team in the league, because nobody brings their A game for 82 nights. But what matters is that this roster's A game isn't anywhere near 16 playoff wins.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012

Outside of liking to play with elite players, guys in the NHL don’t care about how you get them.

Also, it is not remotely something that the players on the roster need to care about to find elite players.

How on earth does all this crap get so twisted? Players don’t make it in the league if they don’t have supreme confidence in themselves. If they don’t hold themselves to a crazy high standard. And for them, going after a winning record or chasing a playoff spot is a big deal.

Reactions: kliq

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Which is true for every team in the league, because nobody brings their A game for 82 nights. But what matters is that this roster's A game isn't anywhere near 16 playoff wins.

Oh most definitely. I just think Kronwall is strictly talking about on-ice play. He's not making any larger discussion about a rebuild and team composition because those have nothing to do with him.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
Oh most definitely. I just think Kronwall is strictly talking about on-ice play. He's not making any larger discussion about a rebuild and team composition because those have nothing to do with him.

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. And he is 100% talking about on-ice play because that is literally the only thing that he or any other player can control.

You can join a team based on management telling you, we will do this and this and support you with this... but once you are here, you have control over your actions as a player and that is it.

Just like the Wings losing in 2009 game 7 wasn’t on Ken Holland because he wasn’t on the ice to give up a couple to Maxine Talbot, the team composition is no one player’s responsibility. The only one who could be considered to have an impact on that was Datsyuk when he stuck them with a 7.5 cap hit they needed to dance around.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Red Wings is much better team this year than last. Last year was the worst since early 90s. They try and play very hard this year, but something hold them down. The main reason they have so many injury , because they play hard , they compete. Unlike last year if they play 2days in the rows they still play hard.

Reactions: 21 Savage

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
It's a kind of denial.
Which is funny because in other ways he was absolutely not in denial. "Your record is what you are."

Agreed. Very rarely do good teams have bad records or bad teams have good records. We are as bad as our record shows.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Extension?!?!?

gallery_6715_150_29477.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad