Kronwall dangerous boarding against Matthews

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Being a penalty doesn't make it a dirty hit... Kronwall didn't do anything wrong there... Matthews just not a good enough skater to handle NHL dmen.
If he committed an infraction then he did do something wrong.

I didn't say it was dirty, but the poster said it was "clean," if it deserves a penalty it's not clean.

That's like saying there's such a thing as a clean high-stick or a clean cross-check.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Definite interference, but I also think Matthews caught a rut or an edge or something because he kind of got propelled more than what it looked like he should've.

How can it be a penalty and also a clean hit?
I mean there wasn't any malicious intention on Kronwalls part, Too hurt Matthews Matthews was going down it was shoulder to shoulder. Nothing more.

Reactions: TheNumber4

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Perhaps it's time to lock the thread then instead of allowing it to continue bashing the OP.

giphy.gif

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
Calling that boarding is really weird. Went into it dangerously, but seems much more on Matthews than the guy who nudged him some

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
That was definitely not as bad as the title made it seem. It was interference not even boarding . People saying suspension and it was dirty lol your more pathetic than the reaction by Leaf players but hey who thought it would be diff . Lol

Copenhagen91

Jan 28, 2016
5 and game I assume? ****ing dirty ass hit on a player who deosn't even have the puck. If he's injured I could easily see a few game suspension.

edit - sad to see so many biased leaf haters commenting in here. If it was their star player they would be up in arms, sigh.
Trollololol

Reactions: eviohh26

ManWithNoName

Unregistered User
Jul 9, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Same hit, completely different reaction from the Leafs fan:

Own player: ”f***ing dirty. Did he try to kill him? They should throw Kronwall out of the league.”
Other teams player: ”Legit hit. Player X is so weak. Keep you head up boy.”

I just love the hypocrisy of most Leafs fans.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
How is this even a penalty... I don’t get it. please explain why this is even a 2 minute penalty like some are saying? I don’t get it.

FFS... mods need to start locking this shit up.

Player touches puck stretched out and off balance... simultaneously gets hit by stronger player... from the side... off balance player goes down and falls into the boards... THIS IS A HOCKEY PLAY! Kronwald has hit many other guys harder and more dirty (unsuspecting) as he sneaks up the boards and hits guys before the puck even gets there. ... and he rarely gets penalized.

By the way, I really like Matthews and don’t care for Kronwald in the least.

Reactions: TheNumber4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad