Kronwall dangerous boarding against Matthews

Shonky

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Unfortunate he fell like that but glad hes not seriously hurt as that could easily of been the outcome. He reached pretty far making him unbalanced enough that the shove was enough to do that.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Kronwall is checked out and basically a teddy bear these days. He hasn't Kronwalled anyone in years. If anyone thinks he tried to hurt Matthews, I can assure you he doesn't have the energy left in his body for such effort. Just an awkward angle and balance for both parties. We aren't talking about this play if it weren't for the players involved.

Reactions: RedMenace

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Definitely thread worthy cuz many people are probably turned on seeing that happen. This just needs another thread title to make it more accommodating:
-“Matthews injured AGAIN”
-“will Auston Matthews play 500 games in the NHL?”
-“Matthews crushed. Kronwall penalized. Is the NHL changing the rulebook for Toronto?”

Grimm

Jul 21, 2017
Kronwall is checked out and basically a teddy bear these days. He hasn't Kronwalled anyone in years. If anyone thinks he tried to hurt Matthews, I can assure you he doesn't have the energy left in his body for such effort. Just an awkward angle and balance for both parties. We aren't talking about this play if it weren't for the players involved.
He Kronwalled someone against the Avs...

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Holy crap the relief when he didn't go to the dressing room. Let's hope he can take more of those because they are bound to happen.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Oh c'mon that was nothing close to suspension worthy.

I'm sure most Leaf fans gasped hard when they saw it though lol.

Reactions: ThewThew

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Not the most cheap shot hit but Matthews is a young star of the league and Kronwall is over the hill bum so gotta think is more than just a regular hit. 5 and a game and maybe 1 game suspension so the leagues border line players realize they cant go around targeting the leagues best players and they need to clean up the cheap crap from the game

I’m having a hard time figuring out if this is a serious post.

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
I see it like this:

- Clean hit by Kronwall imo, not even 2min for interference.
- Matthews lost his balance due to being weaker and already being off balance.
- Matthews is ok and EVERYBODY should be happy with that. It f***ing sucks, when great players get injured. It only hurts the game and nobody profits by that.

Have a nice day folks.

Reactions: Realgud

cliffclaven

Nov 29, 2018
He can’t “kronwall” anyone anymore. That’s 5 and a game (or more) now. He’s going thru the motions and collecting his millions like 99% of the new league.

Brownbeard

Oct 6, 2017
Just finished watching the game. That hit scared the shit out of me. Thank God Auston is okay.

My thoughts: A dirty hit, but not close to suspension worthy. Typical Kronwall, though. Wish he hadn't of gone the dirty route, but don't think he should be suspended for it. I'm just glad Matthews is fine.

TopShelfYzerman

Gm 7 Double OT
Jan 3, 2011
USA
www.youtube.com
The embarrasing part was the Leafs players didnt stick up for their own superstar player after a month long hiatus. Kronwall outmuscled someeone from the other team, he doesnt care who the hell it is.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
No offense to Matthews, but a 37-year old Niklas Kronwall with one knee should not be pushing you around that easily. I would be a bit concerned.

Reactions: Rzombo4 prez

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
The embarrasing part was the Leafs players didnt stick up for their own superstar player after a month long hiatus. Kronwall outmuscled someeone from the other team, he doesnt care who the hell it is.

Not embarrassing. The mob of Leafs was about to go in... and realized it was a decrepit, one-legged former star. As Reddwit tried to explain, Kronwall doesn't have the agility to hurt someone on purpose (though I wouldn't call him a teddy bear haha).

If Larkin or Bertuzzi had caught Matthews off-balance I'm sure they respond differently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->