Kronwall dangerous boarding against Matthews

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Obviously a penalty but Matthews asked for it by reaching for that puck.

Nothing to see here.

It's just another point in the decade long discussion about whether players should hold up when another player is in a vulnerable position. Agreed nothing to see.

Riellyfan04

Feb 25, 2010
Toronto On
The league shouldnt do anything. Hell our players effing soft as shit! Cant stand up for their best player. This team needs someone who can drop the gloves when this kinda shit happens...

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The league shouldnt do anything. Hell our players effing soft as ****! Cant stand up for their best player. This team needs someone who can drop the gloves when this kinda **** happens...

But Kadri is such a toughey

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
No you didn’t.
If you did, then you clearly don’t know what interference is.

Matthews touched the puck. You can hit players who touch the puck, many players get away with interference with players a foot away from touching the puck.

Sad Leaf tears in this thread.

Reactions: Frosty415

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
5 and game I assume? f***ing dirty ass hit on a player who deosn't even have the puck. If he's injured I could easily see a few game suspension.

edit - sad to see so many biased leaf haters commenting in here. If it was their star player they would be up in arms, sigh.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Matthews touched the puck. You can hit players who touch the puck, many players get away with interference with players a foot away from touching the puck.

Sad Leaf tears in this thread.
Remind me how you feel next time a player interferes with your superstar and sends him face first into the boards.

Reactions: ThewThew

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
God no. Not even interference. I saw nothing malicious at all. We all know how Kronwall can hit when he wishes to...that was incidental.
Mathews went over so easily because he put himself in a position where his balance was poor.

Reactions: TopShelfYzerman

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Hahaha. Really like the way you sneaked that in there. Address the play and give a backhand comment, wow.

Relevant facts were stated. Can’t not mention Matthews propensity for shoulder injuries when his shoulder goes flying into the boards because of a legal bodycheck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad