Kronwall dangerous boarding against Matthews

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Red Wing fans are the true hypocrites here. If your player initiates borderline plays that can cause injury the standard hockey response is someone on the other team retaliates either on the offending player or one of your better players gets leveled. That's how it used to work. So instead of whining about how soft Matthews is or how soft young Leaf fans are, I would be completely fine if someone were to bring some old school reckoning on Kronwall (which happens pretty regularly based on how often other teams mess him up) or one of your skill guys gets it.

If Vladimir Konstantinov took liberties with Doug Gilmour, I'm sure Wendel Clark would have had something nasty for Steve Yzerman.

So were hypocrites because of things that happened like 30 years ago?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
When is Kronwalls hearing for this the horrendous crime of touching the injury prone Matthews? Did it happen yet? How many games? 10? 20?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
So now what is it? You say how regularly "other teams mess him up" Lol by the way. Or he never gets hit? The Leafs being soft is nothing new by the way there was just another tread about it the other day. And Dougie got hit plenty in his day, but people did not cry about it. As far as Clark going after Yzerman, Probert or Kocer would have put him to sleep. But again those players knew it was hockey. Face it, it was a bad play by a kid that really was nothing, he him self even said so. And as far as you wanting "one of our skilled guys to git it", what exactly is it? Larkin was hit high and ran into the boards head first in the game vs the Av's. Guess what no thread was made about it!!!
Red Wing fans are the true hypocrites here. If your player initiates borderline plays that can cause injury the standard hockey response is someone on the other team retaliates either on the offending player or one of your better players gets leveled. That's how it used to work. So instead of whining about how soft Matthews is or how soft young Leaf fans are, I would be completely fine if someone were to bring some old school reckoning on Kronwall (which happens pretty regularly based on how often other teams mess him up) or one of your skill guys gets it.

If Vladimir Konstantinov took liberties with Doug Gilmour, I'm sure Wendel Clark would have had something nasty for Steve Yzerman.

Getting hit hard 3 times in over 1000 NHL games now means that he gets messed up all the time?

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Looked clean to me and Matthews propelled himself into the boards. He does not know how to take a hit at certain times, should have played Major Juniors in Canada.

Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
This thread has now gone extra embarrassing for Leafs fans as they now try to defend the actually dirty late hit by Hyman tonight.

Reactions: BernieParent

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
So is Stephen really comparing the Lemieux hit on Draper to this minor bump on Matthews?????????? One would be absolutely thread worthy and hatred inducing, and the other is a nauseating joke of nothingness!

Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
I find it amusing that I'm trying to explain retaliation to a fanbase that cried over the Kris Draper/Claude Lemieux blood feud for years.

I find it amusing that you're trying to explain and compare two incidents that have nothing in common and one of these was a regular body hit.

Players make plays than can cause possible bodily harm every time they're on the ice, genius.

So you're okay with someone hitting and roughing up Kronwall but we're not supposed to even breathe on a Leafs player?

Plz just stop, you're embarrassing yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oddbob

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I find it amusing that you're trying to explain and compare two incidents that have nothing in common and one of these was a regular body hit.

Players make plays than can cause possible bodily harm every time they're on the ice, genius.

So you're okay with someone hitting and roughing up Kronwall but we're not supposed to even breathe on a Leafs player?

Plz just stop, you're embarrassing yourself.

No, I'm saying I would like to see our guys retaliate against your guys whenever the situation suits. Why do Wings fans seem upset that when you make big hits on the opponent that they wouldn't want to get you back? Seems weird.

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
No, I'm saying I would like to see our guys retaliate against your guys whenever the situation suits. Why do Wings fans seem upset that when you make big hits on the opponent that they wouldn't want to get you back? Seems weird.

Are hockey teams gangs now? Dude, get a grip.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad