Kristopher Letang or Luc Bourdon ?

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
I think its pretty evident that Letang is the better player actually. He uses his brain to make up for his lack of size. I mean if 205 lbs is small then how are the dozens of NHLers listed at that weight not small? Letangs first passes out of the zone are what makes up for his defensive shortcomings when it comes to out-muscling people, he only needs a split second with the puck to make a pass that breaks down a teams offensive chance and sends his team the other way.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Hmm, not sure whose opinion to trust on this one. "Delusional Canucks fans" or someone who has a self-confessed "hate-on" for one of the players being discussed. :sarcasm:

Bourdon earned my hate through his play at the WJCs. I had high expectations for him this year as a returnee - he has fallen well short of those expectations.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Letang is Bourdon lite. He makes the same boneheaded mistakes as Bourdon but doesn't have the speed to recover from them nor the size. Their shots and offensive game are pretty comperable.

Bourdon, rather easily. I'd question who's delusional in this case, *ahem*.

Have you ever seen Letang skate? His speed would be the absolute last thing anyone could criticize.

Krnuckfan

Oct 11, 2006
Bourdon earned my hate through his play at the WJCs. I had high expectations for him this year as a returnee - he has fallen well short of those expectations.

You have unrealistic expectations. How many 19 year old defencemen are in the NHL right now.

Brian Lee, Marc Stall, Jack Johnson are also not in the NHL. I guess you hate those guys too?

BTW Dion Phaneuf was 20 when he made his NHL debut.
Ryan whitney 22
Christian Ehrhoff 21
Matt Carle 21
Dan Hamhuis 21
Shea Weber 20

Think before you post.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
You have unrealistic expectations. How many 19 year old defencemen are in the NHL right now.

Brian Lee, Marc Stall, Jack Johnson are also not in the NHL. I guess you hate those guys too?

BTW Dion Phaneuf was 20 when he made his NHL debut.
Ryan whitney 22
Christian Ehrhoff 21
Matt Carle 21
Dan Hamhuis 21
Shea Weber 20

Think before you post.

Hey Brainiac, you might do well to follow your own advice.

Where exactly did I say that I was basing my opinion on the fact that Bourdon wasn't playing in the NHL?

I haven't liked his decision-making or his defensive awareness for the majority of the WJCs. That's why I've soured some on Luc. He is still a fine prospect, but he has plenty to work on.

And he played much more responsibly in the gold medal game, I have to admit. Too bad it took him so long to get comfortable.

fogg*

Marc Staal didn't make the tournament all-star team (this year OR last year), so what's your point? Staal is clearly superior to Letang.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad