Kristo credits NCAA background for successful start to pro career

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

It's been an exciting eight months for Danny Kristo. The 23-year-old winger for the Hartford Wolf Pack – the AHL affiliate of the New York Rangers – has gone from playing in the NCAA national quarter-final at the University of North Dakota to playing in the last stretch of a losing season with the AHL's Hamilton Bulldogs, and now establishing himself as a star with the Wolf Pack following a July trade.

“My head was still at college, but I went right into playing games; I had just one practice before my first AHL game,” Kristo said last month before a game against the Springfield Falcons.… read more

More...

richardsequalscup*

It's been an exciting eight months for Danny Kristo. The 23-year-old winger for the Hartford Wolf Pack – the AHL affiliate of the New York Rangers – has gone from playing in the NCAA national quarter-final at the University of North Dakota to playing in the last stretch of a losing season with the AHL's Hamilton Bulldogs, and now establishing himself as a star with the Wolf Pack following a July trade.

“My head was still at college, but I went right into playing games; I had just one practice before my first AHL game,†Kristo said last month before a game against the Springfield Falcons.… read more

More...

Doesn't have any help down there. Kreider and Miller are on the big club. Lindberg and Fast are very young and are adjusting to the pro game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad