Status
Not open for further replies.

Jejune

Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
44_bertuzzi_44 said:
maybe a moreau type player ?

Thats exactly who I thought he would end up as after watching him play a few games. He's got good speed, and is pretty strong on the puck. Unfortunately I didn't see too much in the way of hands, and he likes shooting into the crest. But Ethan Moreau is a solid solid player and most teams would love him on their third line.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
TeamSeals said:
forget I said anything, dont want to start anything that shouldnt be out there. Not a big deal, just college life. Fact is he is friggin BIG

I wouldn't say "big", because he's not.

But THICK.

All his body is muscle, it seems like.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Jon Prescription said:
He's a lot stronger, meaner, and nastier version of Moreau then..

Is that the vibe you get? I've seen Chucko several times and I wouldn't categorize him that way at all. He's strong, and shows alot of moxie, but I don't think he's all that mean or nasty.

Last edited:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Rabid Ranger said:
Is that the vibe you get? I've seen Chuck several times and I wouldn't categorize him that way at all. He's strong, and shows alot of moxie, but I don't think he's all that mean or nasty.

See, being in the NCAA I think actually hurts him a bit. I know he has a nasty side but you can see him contain himself quite frequently, IMO. I like a player like him in the NCAA since it lets him develop his defensive and shutdown qualities a lot more, but I don't think it trully lets him play with the edge that it seems like he wants to play with.

Attica

Feb 21, 2004
The Office
Patrick - Flames Fan said:
This statement right here shows me you have no idea what you are talking about when commenting about Chucko. His game is completely different than Draper...totally different.

everything I've seen suggests that he'll be a grinder who plays a strong game on the puck and a stronger skating game away from the puck. Draper-esque, from everything I've heard and seen, he's going to be an excellent forechecker and will play a strong defensive game.

...who does that sound like?

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Ncaa tends to go either way. The kid might come out, and it might take a while. No one thought in there wildest dreams knuble with be like this and no one saw it until he founds chemistry. Chucko might be moved afew times, but i think Knuble like stats is a good comparison.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
If you look at a guy like Keith Ballard. He has that edge to his game. Ask Park. The guy hip checks Bertuzzi, drops the gloves with anyone. Hits anything he can line up. In college he had to learn how to keep his emotions under control. Couldn't play as physical and just bull people over. He did end up in the box alot and new he had to play with more composure. Only people in Buffalo and Colorado are sad now.

I think Chucko wants the same thing. The ability to be controlled. To develop other parts of his game. And just be a well rounded hockey player. And the NCAA offers that to him. He will not loose that edge. It might even make him better in the end. But for now its in the bag and won't fully appear until the next level.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
MN_Gopher said:
If you look at a guy like Keith Ballard. He has that edge to his game. Ask Park. The guy hip checks Bertuzzi, drops the gloves with anyone. Hits anything he can line up. In college he had to learn how to keep his emotions under control. Couldn't play as physical and just bull people over. He did end up in the box alot and new he had to play with more composure. Only people in Buffalo and Colorado are sad now.

I think Chucko wants the same thing. The ability to be controlled. To develop other parts of his game. And just be a well rounded hockey player. And the NCAA offers that to him. He will not loose that edge. It might even make him better in the end. But for now its in the bag and won't fully appear until the next level.

We'll see. I think that the CHL would've been the better route for him, taking all things into consideration. Same with Mueller, and he's doing great there.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
I think Chucko would have been a fan favorite. Getting a Howe hat trick. I can't see him putting in the same work on his skating and other areas of the game though. Going CHL would have almost guranted him a checking line role. CHL he is in the box for fighting or roughing. NCAA he is on the PK.

I am NCAA biased but i think Chucko made the right choice. Mueller on the other hand. He would have succeded where ever he went. And would still be a high draft pick if he waited for college.

Jejune

Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
He does look a lot stronger on the puck than Moreau at this point, but he is doing it against ncaa defenseman, a HUGE difference from the nhl. I think once he makes the jump, he's going to look very very similar to ethan, strength and skating wise.

Transported Upstater

looooob said:
yup. that Sutter he sure is one dumb farmer

edit: by all accounts there was more than one team eyeing Chucko...by the end of the first round, there isn't alot of gold left, if you want a guy, and other teams do as well...just take him....at least they traded down and secured the Boyd and Prust picks

obviously we can debate the Schremp pick until the cows come home...Schremp looks good for sure, but one version has even EDM wanting Chucko over him

At the time of your post, I don't think anyone had mentioned Rob Schremp except you.

Phanuthier*

Attica said:
everything I've seen suggests that he'll be a grinder who plays a strong game on the puck and a stronger skating game away from the puck. Draper-esque, from everything I've heard and seen, he's going to be an excellent forechecker and will play a strong defensive game.

...who does that sound like?
That you think he'll be nothing more then a checker.

I stand on my stance that, from everything I read and comments from the Flames coaching staff, Kris Chucko is a very raw player. He's maturing physically, and everybody knows a power forward takes alot longer to develop then finesse forwards... so my stance is to sit back, give it a couple years, then see what Chucko can do.

flambers

Jun 4, 2005
Jon Prescription said:
We'll see. I think that the CHL would've been the better route for him, taking all things into consideration. Same with Mueller, and he's doing great there.

Totally disagree, Chucko went the NCAA route to work on his Skill and his speed the best place for this guy is NCAA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->