Value of: Kreider to Columbus

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Currently in the 3rd spot in the Metro.

The same issues that Columbus has, the Islanders have.

Both teams are solid defensively. But Columbus is the 4th lowest scoring team in the Eastern Conference and 8th overall.

I think Kreider could be a good fit for that team both from a positional perspective and familiarity perspective as he came into the league playing for Torts.

I am unfamiliar with Columbus system or pick situation.

Is this a good fit?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
We're not really inclined towards or in a position to start shopping for rentals given the state of our prospect pool; if we go shopping, it'd be with roster blueliners, and that's a bit too juicy for a deadline rental. He'd fit in, but getting him would be problematic.

Reactions: pld459666

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Currently in the 3rd spot in the Metro.

The same issues that Columbus has, the Islanders have.

Both teams are solid defensively. But Columbus is the 4th lowest scoring team in the Eastern Conference and 8th overall.

I think Kreider could be a good fit for that team both from a positional perspective and familiarity perspective as he came into the league playing for Torts.

I am unfamiliar with Columbus system or pick situation.

Is this a good fit?

I think he fits, as he does most teams.
Don't see BJs splurging on a rental
esp since Kreider gets Hayes-esque return

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
He'd be a great pickup but really doubt Columbus could/would put together an appropriate package for him. They could maybe offer something along the lines of Nuti, Milano and a mid pick but not the 1st and prospect im assuming the Rangers are looking for

Reactions: lilfedor

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
There's no fit here when you look at the pieces Columbus would make available. I can't see a scenario where Columbus repeats the thought process of going all in and pushing their team back even further.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
He'd be a great pickup but really doubt Columbus could/would put together an appropriate package for him. They could maybe offer something along the lines of Nuti, Milano and a mid pick but not the 1st and prospect im assuming the Rangers are looking for

It has to start with a 1st.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Sign him in free agency. No reason to spend assets at the trade deadline.

Easier said than done.
Granted this season and next are 2 dif priorities.

If he doesn't give us small break to stay here and stay w/Zib, then he should ask for and get huge bucks.
Directly that is only $, but when the $ is a high enuf % it prompts/forces shuffling of resources, which may include spending assets.

Now not every team is the same situation.
But if you are thinking about what it would cost to keep him beyond this yr, then --- IF YOU CAN AFFORD TO TAKE THE RISK HE WALKS [a separate ?] --- then there is a certain logic to going all in now.

If you can honestly consider yr team likely to make a deep cup run.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Columbus went for it all and probably need to keep draft compensation. What Columbus can do with the cap space is take on a contender expiring dump contract and add as a current asset without giving anything up.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Don't see Columbus... A) in the high end rental market and B) looking to move picks and prospects. I guess you could add C) they are pretty deep on the wing already and if they were to add to the wing, I think it would be for long term improvement and impact.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad