Dreger: Kreider most likely to be traded after contract talks. 1st Rounder on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
we have to send him though for cap, you can bury him or buyout. it’s only for 1 season 2 if you buyout.

I just looked at the buyout. There's more than negligible dead money going onto our cap.

If Kreider and Georgiyev only had one suitor, I might consider it, but adding Reimer makes the offer a lot worse, as I'm sure you are aware of. If you want us to take Reimer, then offer up more because I doubt that'll be the best offer for Kreider, Georgiyev or both.

Reactions: Shootertooter

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Wow a realistic deal that makes sense. Krieder 1 Georgeiv 2 need sweetner so Gauthier but for sweetner take Reimer's bad deal (yes rangers would have to bury in minors, they don't need reimer who does). rare offer that makes sense both sides. Radical concept.

Kreider is getting more than a 1, and Georgiyev is getting more than a 2.

I think your calculation here is off.

I would say that Kreider goes for about 1+2, so the draft picks in the trade. Georgiyev goes for about Gauthier. Adding Reimer makes it a worse deal for the Rangers. I might take it, but there will probably be better offers, so it's not the most appealing offer.

Reactions: egelband

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
OJ and a 2nd, 3rd this year is probably the most we would give up realistically but imo I rather keep OJ and the picks. Just don't see a fit on the canucks. I could see Dallas or Calgary going after him though.

That offer is easily going to be beaten.
If you aren't a fit, no worries. A low ball
proposal for perhaps the most desirable
UFA isn't going to get that player though.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
If we could get a guarantee for a new contract with a competitive-to-low cap hit, this Canucks fan would push for a bigger return for the Rangers then Juolevi and a second (which I am not condoning as fair value).

As a UFA, we are not a great fit, as hopefully, our window is just opening, and it's highly unlikely we make a splash this postseason.

We have already given up a first for a near ppg player, signed long term on a cheap deal. That has set the market for us, and depleted our first round pick, which likely takes then next one off the table for now. The Rangers can and should do better then the offer that was presented.

All bets are off though, if the Canucks make a splash due to the pressure on Benning, I just hope we have a plan to resign him and move out other cap.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
I get it only takes one village idiot gm. But there is no way I want my team giving up that much for Krieder. Maybe ifs its Boston and pick is late first I think about it. but if I am Flyers, Carolina gm and i receive this offer I say BLEEP no.

Kreider is on pace for about 56pts.
He is a playoff performer, he is one of the best players in front of the net in the NHL.
He is also one of the most desirable UFA's at the TDL, if not the most desirable.
18pts in the last 19 games.

He will return a first + a decent prospect and likely another conditional add.

Mar 26, 2010
Toronto desperately needs a goalie. Dubas should be calling.

McNurse

Sep 2, 2015
How about this offer from the Oilers
2021 1st+Savoie+2020 2nd+ Gagner for Kreider at 50%? Obviously there could be some tweaking

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Rangers should keep him.

He balances the NYR top 6.
Zibanejad loves playing with him.
Best conditioned athlete on the club.
Leader
Not a party guy (Makes a big difference in NY)
Best skater on the club

There are others that can go that will save money to ink him. Wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if he took less to stay.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Unfortunately, the teams he would look really good on (bruins and Blues) can only return a very late first rounder most likely. If those teams are involved the Rangers need to bring back a prospect or a decent young roster forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->