Dreger: Kreider most likely to be traded after contract talks. 1st Rounder on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
We hear this every year. Someday he will live up to his potential.

Yeah, and definitely, I don't think anyone should buy him and expect to get the moon.

I think its important to realize what Kreider is and what he isn't. Some might think that consistency is an issue, but its not really that. Put him in the right environment and he will score a PPG plus, don't and he won't. That is what it is, and the case with many players.

Kreider will be passively resilient no matter what he has to endure, and will be a handful to handle for his opponents. But what he completely lacks is that Messier-esque ability to win at all costs. You will never see Kreider cross a line on the ice. For good or bad.

Reactions: egelband

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Let’s make a deal:

Krieder (50%) + Georgiev

for

Car 1st, NY 2nd, Reimer, and Gauthier

Why would the Rangers move Georgiev and take back Reimer who has another full year at 3M?
This is just a solid no.

Car 1st, NYR 2nd, Gauthier and something else..............?

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
I'd take that

Not with Reimer in the deal who eats up 3.4m cap next season. We would be trading a goalie due to the fact we have three and then taking another in trade who costs us more. It makes no sense and doesn't work for our cap needs.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
The NMC is for the first three years to cover the expansion draft.

The last four years he has a 12 team NTC.

Thats interesting. Something just occured to me. Forgive me if this is a dumb question but I couldnt find the answer.

If a player, today, signs a 7 year contract BUT wants to be protected from the expansion draft BUT the GM doesnt want to give out a full NMC/NTC.... could the contract include a NMC/NTC for only one single year of the 7 .. the year of the expansion draft?

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
The Rangers announced their rebuild in February 2018.

And Kreider wasn't really someone they were looking to trade at that point either. 2018 was McDonagh, Nash, Grabner, and Zuccarello (who they didn't end up moving). 2019 was Zuccarello, Hayes, Kreider (who they didn't end up moving) and Buchnevich (ditto). It's really been about a year they've been seriously listening to offers on Kreider.

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
Sven Baertschi, Woo, 2nd 2021 is what I would offer.

I know not the greatest offer just don't see a fit on the canucks. We need a Right winger for Bo or get rid of erikssen to use that money for a RW.

Even then Virtanen been putting up good numbers as has Pearson.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Sven Baertschi, Woo, 2nd 2021 is what I would offer.

I know not the greatest offer just don't see a fit on the canucks. We need a Right winger for Bo or get rid of erikssen to use that money for a RW.

Even then Virtanen been putting up good numbers as has Pearson.

It's not even a good offer.
Wasn't Baertschi waived?
2021 2nd, a 2nd next year.....with 50% retention? Come on.
Woo is a RHD that the Rangers are already pretty solid at.

For Kreider at 50% retention the discussion starts at:

2020 1st- mandatory
decent prospect or young NHL player-mandatory
and a lesser pick or additional prospect-negotiable depending on #2.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Wasn't Baertschi waived?

2020 1st- mandatory
Good luck with your discussion. Only a fool would give up that much for a mediocre regular.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Not with Reimer in the deal who eats up 3.4m cap next season. We would be trading a goalie due to the fact we have three and then taking another in trade who costs us more. It makes no sense and doesn't work for our cap needs.

We can send him down to Hartford. Either he gets claimed on waivers, at which point not our problem, or he competes with Huska for the job in the AHL

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Let’s make a deal:

Krieder (50%) + Georgiev

for

Car 1st, NY 2nd, Reimer, and Gauthier
Wow a realistic deal that makes sense. Krieder 1 Georgeiv 2 need sweetner so Gauthier but for sweetner take Reimer's bad deal (yes rangers would have to bury in minors, they don't need reimer who does). rare offer that makes sense both sides. Radical concept.

Reactions: Unsustainable

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
For some reason, I always picture Kreider and Stepan together, even though it's been years since they were.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Wasn't Baertschi waived?

2020 1st- mandatory
I get it only takes one village idiot gm. But there is no way I want my team giving up that much for Krieder. Maybe ifs its Boston and pick is late first I think about it. but if I am Flyers, Carolina gm and i receive this offer I say BLEEP no.

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
Wasn't Baertschi waived?

2020 1st- mandatory
OJ and a 2nd, 3rd this year is probably the most we would give up realistically but imo I rather keep OJ and the picks. Just don't see a fit on the canucks. I could see Dallas or Calgary going after him though.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
This is all what Holland asks for. A speedy player with some resume, old veteran guy, probably on a decline (joking).
Im pretty confident Holland has maked some calls already here.

But actually. Why is the reason for selling? My guess is the beginning of the curve on a decline.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bellows + 1st/2nd some sort of conditional pick

That would need to be a hard 1st (no conditional)+Bellows. Otherwise, I don't think it gets close to the offer that'll end up being the best offer. I have no problem with trading him to a rival, but only if its the best offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad