GDT: Kraken vs Leafs, 21 Jan

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Rough three game stretch for the Kraken after the high of that 9-game run with the WC thrown in. Think the injuries have me down more than the 3 losses, but I dont know about everyone else.

1705861566155.png

A bit wild to see the Kraken the Moneypuck "favorites" for this one, but the Leafs are coming off yet another tough loss to the Canucks Saturday night. They've lost 4 of their last 5, many in a "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory" type fashion. Martin Jones is playing back to his career average after his hot start, their offense isnt generating as much possession/zone time despite otherwise strong offensive numbers, and their defense just seems a bit ropey. Presumably Samsonov in net tonight as Jones started last night against Vancouver.

For the Kraken, Puckpedia lists Beniers, Dunn, PEB and Grubauer as "unknown" as far as their returns, while Yanni Gourde will sit the first game of his 2-match suspension for the hit on Ekholm. Gru is practicing (IG photos of him taking warmups at the WC, as well as yesterday) so his return may be soon?

Reactions: kihei

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
It's tough when we are missing some of our best players. We may need Daccord to steal one tonight. And he has shown he is capable of doing that.

Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

HockeyForever11

Jan 10, 2024
Just saw this on FB. Apparently, Kraken hired a company that takes live reaction photos of everyone at Climate Pledge. Just have to go to kraken.mymomento.com and put in your seat info to find them. Feel like this is a really cool idea and I'm excited to use it
Kraken In Game.png

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
It's tough when we are missing some of our best players. We may need Daccord to steal one tonight. And he has shown he is capable of doing that.
The hope is that the Maple Leaves are bagged and the Kraken can take advantage...but TO has a lot of fire power that could make things tough...Good Luck to the Kraken tonight in Seattle...hoping to catch some of the game but I'll be watching the Bills/KC 2nd half after watching the Lions beat the Bucs!!!

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Matty seems a target this year. Wish we had someone who could make people pay for that.

Matthews doing what Matthews does.

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
Joey should have stopped that goal.

This team is falling into bad habits again. Last power play was ass, too much passing, not enough shooting, and zero sense of urgency. I know they are down a ton of guys but the effort was severely lacking in the 1st period.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Joey should have stopped that goal.

This team is falling into bad habits again. Last power play was ass, too much passing, not enough shooting, and zero sense of urgency. I know they are down a ton of guys but the effort was severely lacking in the 1st period.
Its times like this I miss Daniel Sprong...especially on the PP and on the 4th line

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Oh well tough to have so many Kraken players on the sideline...hope they get back soon and stay healthy the rest of the year otherwise...

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
And the hole gets deeper. This has been way too easy for the Leafs and now we are down by two goals.

And now yet another lazy penalty....

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Eberle scores but Tatar made that possible. Now this is still a winnable game. Let's get a second one.

Reactions: Kevinsane

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
All of a sudden, end to end action by both teams. The Kraken finally seem engaged anyway, though Toronto is still making life miserable in our zone.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
It seems like there are two Matthews playing tonight because he is on the ice so much.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
What a stop to start the period. I thought this guy was supposed to be a sieve.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
A few lively moments after we scored a goal, but this has to be chalked up as another disappointing night for the Kraken.

Reactions: Toomany7pins

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Some really impressive shifts in the 3rd but you can feel the lack of depth right now. Can't get the lines rolling.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3