Kraken Trade Block - deadline edition

Adam Richardson

Jan 7, 2021
Hello all,

Some notes about the Kraken before the trade deadline, as people were asking:

1. I have lots of cap space, so while it's not a "player" per se, I wanted to mention that. In fact, I may need to take on salary in some instances because I'm close to the cap floor.

2. Goaltending - nobody is completely untouchable, but Kappo Kahkonen isn't moving unless I'm blown away by a deal. I definitely see him as part of my goalie tandem next season, so I'm not actively looking for people to kick tires there.

3. Forwards - The clear rental class is as follows: Reilly Smith (more hesitant to move him because his best value is probably next year but doesn't have a deal in place), Darren Helm, Milan Lucic (the $900k pending UFA version, not the $6 million one) and Curtis Lazar. Very few "untouchables" outside of Boone Jenner and Jonathan Dahlen, but unlikely to move anyone other than the above unless I feel it really benefits my roster. I plan on keeping the Jake DeBrusks and Craig Smiths of the world because otherwise I'm playing Boone next season on all four lines :)

Defence - Clear rentals here are Calvin deHaan, Matt Benning. I don't really anticipate moving anyone else back there. They're all good to ok-ish and can be brought back through decent NHL deals next year.

4. My personal rule involving deals is to please start with something resembling a plan or offer in your email. If you ask me what I want for any of my players in a general context, I'll only respond if convenient. I don't send those types of trade offers and I don't really respond to them either, as I personally find they're a bit of a rabbit hole time suck. If that offends anyone, I apologize in advance. It's been my rule in fantasy deals for years and while it may seem kinda snobby in the context of this message, it really isn't meant that way lol.

5. Having said all of the above, of course nobody is completely untouchable in this league so if you have a cool outside-of-the-box idea or offer, send it along.

Hope everyone has a great deadline!

Adam

Last edited:
Reactions: Ohio Jones

Adam Richardson

Jan 7, 2021
Updated trade block:

With Lazar swapped for Eakin, rentals now include (All pending UFAs):
Eakin (67)
DeHaan (71)
Helm (69)
Benning (70)
Lucic (69, making only 900k this season)

Also have cap space to facilitate a deal.

Adam Richardson

Jan 7, 2021
Updated trade block:

With Lazar swapped for Eakin, rentals now include (All pending UFAs):
Eakin (67)
DeHaan (71)
Helm (69)
Benning (70)
Lucic (69, making only 900k this season)

Also have cap space to facilitate a deal.
De Haan now in Anaheim. All others still available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad