Kraken off the table

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Seattle Sasquatch.

Not strictly local, but its associated with the north west, it's an intimidating legend and history associated with it, and it pays indirect tribute to various people's throughout the history of Seattle, Washington and the Northwest.

Plus the logo/mascot options are near limitless.

That's been vetoed by OVG.

chris96251

Jul 21, 2019
Renton
Good. Sounds goofy. Still hoping for Sockeyes.

When I hear Sockeye

IMG_5971.jpg

Or an image represented by this, dumb fish gets caught by Bears.

black-bear-ursus-americanus-catching-salmon-alaska-usa-BBM454.jpg

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
My favs are easily Emeralds and Metropolitans with Sockeye and Totems lagging far behind. I'd be okay with any of those. I'll definitely be following this team since Vegas turned out to be a bit too much of a meme for me. I also love Frasier, rainy weather and somewhat enjoy grunge music from time to time.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Seattle Sasquatch.

Not strictly local, but its associated with the north west, it's an intimidating legend and history associated with it, and it pays indirect tribute to various people's throughout the history of Seattle, Washington and the Northwest.

Plus the logo/mascot options are near limitless.
I don’t think San Jose will give up burns

Reactions: Cogburn

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
The Kraken just didn’t have the ring to it anyways, could have been a cool name, logo and stuff but kinda seemed like a square peg in a circle hole.

My favorite is the Seattle Sorcerers. I don’t even think its on the list but here’s what I like about it:
Connects to emerald city/wizard of oz. High skill players get referred to as wizards. Alliteration is kinda nice. I might be mistaken but a quick search didn’t turn up any pro teams with that name. Solid mascot/logo.

Reactions: Master Scheif

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Seattle may have been the jumping off for the majority of the rushers, and the significant supply center, but the action was in the Yukon/Klondike. Most folks won't get the reference as their history starts in the late 20th or 21st centuries, not the 19th.

I helped recreate the 1895 SS Portland landing (ton of gold) that helped kick off the Klondike God Rush in 1995. Even made cover of section of Seattle paper and was quoted by AP writer. Descendant of one of the Klondike Kings.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Two things this franchise should not have

1) Geographical based animal names - real or mythological.
2) Earth tones for team colors.

PCSPounder

Stadium Groupie
Apr 12, 2012
The Outskirts of Nutria Nanny
Seattle may have been the jumping off for the majority of the rushers, and the significant supply center, but the action was in the Yukon/Klondike. Most folks won't get the reference as their history starts in the late 20th or 21st centuries, not the 19th.

I helped recreate the 1895 SS Portland landing (ton of gold) that helped kick off the Klondike God Rush in 1995. Even made cover of section of Seattle paper and was quoted by AP writer. Descendant of one of the Klondike Kings.

If the arena were in San De Fuca...

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Nope. Sockeyes sounds the best. Has a great ring to it and rolls off the tongue perfectly.
$5 says if suggested to name a team today the 'Maple Leafs', or the 'Canadiens' - chances are you'd get laughed at.

Totems is my #1 choice...Sockeyes is #2 (or Chinooks, or Steelheads would work).

Could play with the color scheme (although it's the colors on the NHL Seattle site), but this logo concept is top notch IMHO...

7ruql883v7331.jpg

Gyfu

May 16, 2011
Let's keep this Pacific Division medieval thing going...

Vegas Golden Knights vs Seattle Wooden Drawbridges?! Players would skate out on the ice from a drawbridge!

Seattle Cavalry??? Players could run like horses from the tunnel to the ice!

Come on, LA Kings vs Seattle Queens would be epic...
Lmfao... Wooden drawbridges hahaha... Tryin not to wake up everyone (5am)... Good stuff tho thanks

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Except that in Seattle's case use of the name would be exclusively referencing northwest Native tribes.
So? A totem is a work of art created by Native Americans. You can't name a sports team after a work of art now?

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I still love the Breakers but no traction for old Junior names I guess.

s_double_trouble-wmv-017.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad