Kraken off the table

PCSPounder

Stadium Groupie
Apr 12, 2012
The Outskirts of Nutria Nanny
Red Tide
"It's Raining Hippies or Hipsters, Take Your Pick"

You know, before the Thunderbirds, there was the Breakers. That makes some sense here if you're not going to splurge by buying out the Thunderbirds and, in all likelihood, only accelerating what's going to happen to them by 3 years anyway.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
d41nls82bvp8aeo72urp_400x400.jpeg

Reactions: DaveG and cphabs

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
Let's keep this Pacific Division medieval thing going...

Vegas Golden Knights vs Seattle Wooden Drawbridges?! Players would skate out on the ice from a drawbridge!

Seattle Cavalry??? Players could run like horses from the tunnel to the ice!

Come on, LA Kings vs Seattle Queens would be epic...
I'll play along, but let the records show I'm not actually in favor of any of these:

Seattle Archers
Seattle Vikings
Seattle Norsemen
Seattle Pirates
Seattle Raiders
Seattle Vandals

This list isn't getting any better as I add to it.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
You know, before the Thunderbirds, there was the Breakers. That makes some sense here if you're not going to splurge by buying out the Thunderbirds and, in all likelihood, only accelerating what's going to happen to them by 3 years anyway.

Taking the T-birds name and unis has always been my first choice above all others. I love their unis.
Too similar to the Nucks? Make them go back to the flying vee.:D

Wouldn't hurt my feelings since I follow the Winterhawks anyway.

Reactions: SoldiersOfFilth

Jon Bonham

Jun 24, 2019
Totems is a stupid name. Just thought I'd chime in.

Mariners is a perfect name. Why they aren't trying to coincide with that is beyond me.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
Totems will never happen. Doesn’t matter if it’s Norse, anything seemingly related to Native Americans is a non-starter in 2019.

Nah, you and everyone else are just crying foul based on personal tastes and ignorance. It has absolutely nothing to do with sensitivity to native culture. This is apparent by the use of native themed art for nearly every Seattle concept logo. If anything "seemingly related to Native Americans is a non-started in 2019" then Native themed art is offensive.

The so called outrage over the name is ridiculous. Totems are a fairly benign symbol. They are not of native origin nor exclusive to any native culture.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Nah, you and everyone else are just crying foul based on personal tastes and ignorance. It has absolutely nothing to do with sensitivity to native culture. This is apparent by the use of native themed art for nearly every Seattle concept logo. If anything "seemingly related to Native Americans is a non-started in 2019" then Native themed art is offensive.

The so called outrage over the name is ridiculous. Totems are a fairly benign symbol. They are not of native origin nor exclusive to any native culture.
Except that in Seattle's case use of the name would be exclusively referencing northwest Native tribes.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Foresters
Emeralds
Evergreens (Greens? :dunno:)
Sonics (Probably not happening)
Metropolitans/Metros

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Seattle Sasquatch.

Not strictly local, but its associated with the north west, it's an intimidating legend and history associated with it, and it pays indirect tribute to various people's throughout the history of Seattle, Washington and the Northwest.

Plus the logo/mascot options are near limitless.

Reactions: JeffP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->