Kraken off the table

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Good, because Kraken made me think of Johnny Depp and pirates.

I want Washington Walruses.

And get Paul MacLean to coach.

Reactions: larrypacman8167

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
I think should go with Sockeyes or Metros. Metros would be good honor to the Metropolitans. Though Seattle Sockeyes is probably the best choice. They could use the Space Needle as the patches.

Last edited:

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
To me the 'Kraken' for Seattle is no different than the 'Raptors' for Toronto.

Honestly - both are pretty lame.

Hopefully the old farts who will be owning/running the team ignore all the SJW that live in the Northwest, and go with the Totems.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Ah! Well back to my fall back position for the name the Chinooks? Or that one too?
Taken...

Lakeshore Chinooks - Get Ready for the Show!

upload_2019-4-25_11-45-39.png

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
First off. Thanks for sharing
I should have known, everytime I've thought I came up with a good idea
:D

Chinooks by all means 'should' be on the list considering it's thousand plus miles away, and has no relevance to this minor-league summer baseball team here in WI.

I'd much rather see Chinooks than many other names that have been suggested.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
:D

Chinooks by all means 'should' be on the list considering it's thousand plus miles away, and has no relevance to this minor-league summer baseball team here in WI.

I'd much rather see Chinooks than many other names that have been suggested.
Not do date myself here but, I felt the name not only fitting regionly but also that the counter culture atmosphere there would make/own being a snook cool

Reactions: FMichael

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Agreed on the comment about "Kraken" being like "Raptors" it just feels like it's there for the sake of being edgy. I'm not surprised Sockeyes and Totems are such favorites. Any place in North America can pay tribute to its aboriginal/native heritage (Indians), wildlife (Maple Leafs, Panthers etc), a defining cultural aspect (Think the Fleur de Lis of the Saints and Nordiques) or even something historical to the city (76'ers and 49'ers)

Either of those names is going to be a fantastic fit and I saw the Sockeye jersey mocks using the Native American style and I absolutely love them

Reactions: DaveG and FMichael

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Agreed on the comment about "Kraken" being like "Raptors" it just feels like it's there for the sake of being edgy. I'm not surprised Sockeyes and Totems are such favorites. Any place in North America can pay tribute to its aboriginal/native heritage (Indians), wildlife (Maple Leafs, Panthers etc), a defining cultural aspect (Think the Fleur de Lis of the Saints and Nordiques) or even something historical to the city (76'ers and 49'ers)

Either of those names is going to be a fantastic fit and I saw the Sockeye jersey mocks using the Native American style and I absolutely love them
Agreed.

I will die laughing if the 20 something fake outrage SJW get their say, and demand the franchise have a certain name that make them feel warm, and safe...

PCSPounder

Stadium Groupie
Apr 12, 2012
The Outskirts of Nutria Nanny

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I'm glad it's off the table. I'm always a big fan of local lore built into teams and Kraken is more of a North Atlantic thing than a Pacific Coast thing. I still think the Seattle Sasquatch is the best name out there and if you could somehow incorporate brown into a more localized colour scheme with green and blue it would be the only NHL team to be wearing brown in their uni's.

I saw someone mock up some really cool patches that tied into the US National Park system.

3b5d8061802299.5a7a5acb7e5cc.png

With a more blue/green approach and some brown in there it could look really sharp.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Sasquatch has been personally vetoed by Tim leiweke so that isn't going to happen.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Sasquatch has been personally vetoed by Tim leiweke so that isn't going to happen.

I wonder why though. It's got everything you could want. Local lore, imposing figure, opportunity for some interesting color concepts. I get why Sockeye's and Totems is popular but Sockeye's seems more like a AA baseball team name and Totems just sounds so Junior leagues even though it does have a history.

Reactions: JeffP

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
I wonder why though. It's got everything you could want. Local lore, imposing figure, opportunity for some interesting color concepts. I get why Sockeye's and Totems is popular but Sockeye's seems more like a AA baseball team name and Totems just sounds so Junior leagues even though it does have a history.
What does Sasquatch sounds like? Sounds like below minor leagues. Plus, it's Seattle it's a city not covered in woods. Urban Sasquatch? Won't happen or Kraken because they are jokes of name for a professional sports team. Something to do with fish probably best option.

Ukapitalo

Jul 5, 2009
Santa Cruz, CA
Let's keep this Pacific Division medieval thing going...

Vegas Golden Knights vs Seattle Wooden Drawbridges?! Players would skate out on the ice from a drawbridge!

Seattle Cavalry??? Players could run like horses from the tunnel to the ice!

Come on, LA Kings vs Seattle Queens would be epic...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad