GDT: Kraken @ Blues

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Good period for us. Dominated shots on goal, scored one goal that was disallowed and knocked another puck off the pipes. Still looking for that first goal, though.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
1-1 at the end of the second period. A defensive battle with both goalies playing very well. Not many super dangerous scoring chances for either team.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
We can't even score three-on-three, and St Louis only touched the puck for about 15 seconds. On to the shootout.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Thomas scores the winner for the Blues with a perfect shot on the third round of the shoot out.

The good news is Daccord looked like a major league goalie all night. With just a tiny bit more support he would have won the game for us, but that support is not forthcoming so far this season--two goals in three games.

As a game, people didn't miss much. It only really got interesting around the 12 minute mark of the third period when St Louis finally found some urgency playing in their own building and the Kraken quickly followed suit.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
This is more than missing Sprong. They just can’t finish. Dunn’s called off goal I believe still goes in, so that’s good, but 2 still isn’t enough. They need to score goals to win games and that isn’t happening

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
This is more than missing Sprong. They just can’t finish. Dunn’s called off goal I believe still goes in, so that’s good, but 2 still isn’t enough. They need to score goals to win games and that isn’t happening

Well, a decline in team shooting percentage was inevitable but that right now is really bad.

A big part is the team still being way too easy to be pushed to the outside and taking shots from bad angles with a low chance of actually scoring.
They're also not great net front and if they are(Schwartz and Yamamoto) they're way too small to actually hurt other teams.

Also, that 2nd line of Wennberg, Borakovsky and Schwartz looks pretty bad and can't get anything done while the other lines don't really score either.

The next three games are at home against Colorado, Carolina and the Rangers.
Unless someone really gets it going offensively this might be a really tough stretch with a potential get even worse on that four game road trip tot he east coast after that.

Though, at least goaltending and the pk have been solid so far.
If we can keep that up we should be abel to win a couple of games at some point.

Last edited:

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
It's true, they have a number of players slumping or whatever you want to call it at the same time vs. last year where a number of guys had good runs, perhaps career years, at the same time. It's still early but it does not bode well for just staying the course. This is where coaches earn their money. Have to figure out ways to change lines and shake some people out of their funk.

If they don't, it'll be a long year and step back (before a leap forward hopefully).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad