Kraken 2024 Offseason chatter

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Honestly, even if they do bring the Sonics back I'm not sure if I'll get back into it like I was during the Payton/ Kemp era. Moving the Sonics was a last straw for me, but I'd already cooled on the NBA and the game itself by then... had been replaced by hockey.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Honestly, even if they do bring the Sonics back I'm not sure if I'll get back into it like I was during the Payton/ Kemp era. Moving the Sonics was a last straw for me, but I'd already cooled on the NBA and the game itself by then... had been replaced by hockey.
Almost feels like it doesn't exist here. Sports media here never talk about it. This week was the first time in years they did and that was to gauge opinions on if they be stoked, be casual fans, no interest etc.

I don't really like basketball. I guess if the Sonics were good and on a play off run i'd watch due to city pride and if a friend had a spare ticket I wouldn't say no but I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Wonder what it could be.....

My guess is that they will announce they have acquired the Seattle Scone Co. and are going to run it along with the Kraken under the "Seattle Sports & Snacks" parent company conglomerate that will emerge from the acquisition :sarcasm:
Possible motto: "We will leave no scone unturned in our support of the Kraken."

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Wonder what it could be.....

My guess is that they will announce they have acquired the Seattle Scone Co. and are going to run it along with the Kraken under the "Seattle Sports & Snacks" parent company conglomerate that will emerge from the acquisition :sarcasm:

Can't wait for their promotion of a big cone of barn gelato for only $24.99.....special offer...:wg:

Reactions: Irie

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It almost feels like the Leafs have to move Marner now. Maybe a trade/buyout of Tavares instead, or maybe both.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad