Krajicek vs. Klesla

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
As a Canucks fan, When Columbus came to Vancouver, Klesla played 5 1/2 more minutes than kraijcek did, and kraijcek got +2 and 1 assist. He played very well that game

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
I'm a Canucks fan but I'd still take Klesla.

Agreed. Krajicek has a good outlet pass, but he hasn't really shown any significant PP QB upside and doesn't have a great shot. Klesla, on the other hand, has a good shot that should net him his share of goals. Plus he'll probably get more time on the first PP unit, while Vancouver has Bieksa, Salo and Ohlund ahead of Krajicek on the PP depth chart.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
My jaw dropped when I saw Klesla shoot the puck at times last year, I knew he could shoot, but it's surprising to see how well he can do it when you look at his stats. I would say that offensively, he needs to become a more consistent player, make the smart plays.

Defensively, he is already showing that he can go for the big hit at times, but he takes himself out of the play to do so. He still has some growing to do, but I would take him over Krajicek, he just has more upside.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Oh, I wish Klesla was on the Canucks. I love this kid.

Pretty much a no brainer here.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
I'd still take klesla over krajicek, despite being Canuck fan...though Krajicek certainly improved defensively in the last portion of the regular season and was solid in the playoffs. If he can continue his development and maybe bulk up a bit, He could probably has to the potential to be a top 4 d-man on most teams.

He ceratinly doesnt have the shot klesla does but if he were to take a page out of Bieksa's book and just concentrate on getting the puck to the net, he'd be a lot more succesful on the PP. Both are solid "up and comers" flying under the radar, I'd be happy with either of the two on my team.

Lux Aurumque*

Klesla anyday.

I shudder whenever I see Krajicek on the ice.

AgentNaslund*

Klesla anyday.

I shudder whenever I see Krajicek on the ice.

I dont argue with you taking Klesla. However as the playoffs went on Krajicek played real real good hockey. Infact the best hockey of his career was playing during the playoffs this year. He looked so confident with the puck.

Lux Aurumque*

I dont argue with you taking Klesla. However as the playoffs went on Krajicek played real real good hockey. Infact the best hockey of his career was playing during the playoffs this year. He looked so confident with the puck.

He's gotten better, yes, but he still makes many stupid mistakes.

I'd take Krajicek over Sopel though :D

Popcorn_Shrimp*

krajicek is an alright nhl dman as of right now..i think last year with the canucks..he showed he was capable of being a no5 guy ...his game really improved as the seasons went on...

Top end potential i say Krajicek by half a step

Who would i rather have??.....Klesla..because i think he is a bit further along in his development and i think he will become the better player of the 2....but who knows..maybe in 3 -4 years lukas becomes 40-50pt guy

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
uh? Krajicek was fantastic most of the season, went through a month where he wasn't very good, but recovered and was great again in both playoff series.

He was solid in the playoffs, I'll give you that, he really showed off his excellent skating ability and passing talent, but let's not kid ourselves. He was very average in the regular season, and for a guy who got power play time like he did, he should have put up a lot more points, especially when you look at the fact that he was supposedly an offensive defenseman.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
He was solid in the playoffs, I'll give you that, he really showed off his excellent skating ability and passing talent, but let's not kid ourselves. He was very average in the regular season, and for a guy who got power play time like he did, he should have put up a lot more points, especially when you look at the fact that he was supposedly an offensive defenseman.

why? He isn't an offensive defenseman and he has a weak shot. Krajicek is fundamentally solid defensively, is a great skater, and has a very good outlet pass. He will never put up huge totals offensively. He was definitely not "very average." From October to early December, he was very good. He struggled for most of January, but found his game again down the stretch. He stepped up even further in the playoffs with our injuries to the top-four. I don't think I'd take him over Klesla, but he is getting the short end in this thread.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
why? He isn't an offensive defenseman and he has a weak shot. Krajicek is fundamentally solid defensively, is a great skater, and has a very good outlet pass. He will never put up huge totals offensively. He was definitely not "very average." From October to early December, he was very good. He struggled for most of January, but found his game again down the stretch. He stepped up even further in the playoffs with our injuries to the top-four. I don't think I'd take him over Klesla, but he is getting the short end in this thread.

I agree. He had a stretch of a couple months where he was very shaky (mostly as he was paired with Rory), but for the first couple months of the season and down the stretch, he looked like a top-4 dman, IMO. At worst, he was a very good #5 who can step into the top-4 if needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->