Kraft Hockey Ville 2019

Hockeyville19Calumet

May 14, 2019
Mohawk MI
My home town of Calumet MI won the 2019 competition. As part of the winning my old rink that I played 100's of games in will get a Wings preseason (26 Sept) game vs St. Louis and $150k for rink upgrades. For the Calumet Coliseum (or the Calumet Amory as it was called when I played) to win is huge for our small little town.

The game will be on NBC so many of you folks will get to see a part of our history, the oldest rink in the world.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
That's great!

Renous, New Brunswick won the Canada version of the contest and it's just a stone's throw away from where I live. It will be the Habs vs Florida.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I lived in Houghton when I was a kid for a couple years, I remember that place (as in the building) but I don't think I played hockey there, I don't remember if we played any youth hockey games there.

MikeyDee

Dec 29, 2017
Metro Detroit
:thumbu::yo:AWESOME!!! Glad to hear it! Thanks for sharing. Good to know someone on HFboards is reaping the rewards from Kraft and the NHL. I'll be sure to watch the game. Maybe, I can score some tickets, then again, I'm just a troll! :P You Yoopers know what I mean.

Last edited:

Obe2kenobe

Mar 23, 2014
U.P.
Great news, I look forward to seeing this game. I like how the NHL has gone along with this.(having preseason games in smaller towns). Years ago the wings had their training camp at Pullar stadium in Sault Ste Marie. I talk to older people who have fond memories of going every year. Stuff like this, is a big deal for small communities.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Right on! Grew up in Marquette myself, so we always traveled to play hockey in that old armory in Calumet. Great atmosphere for games. Definitely wish I was back home to see the game.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Great news, I look forward to seeing this game. I like how the NHL has gone along with this.(having preseason games in smaller towns). Years ago the wings had their training camp at Pullar stadium in Sault Ste Marie. I talk to older people who have fond memories of going every year. Stuff like this, is a big deal for small communities.
Grandfather ran that arena and became good friends with the Wings of the 50’s especially Gordie

Reactions: Obe2kenobe

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
My home town of Calumet MI won the 2019 competition. As part of the winning my old rink that I played 100's of games in will get a Wings preseason (26 Sept) game vs St. Louis and $150k for rink upgrades. For the Calumet Coliseum (or the Calumet Amory as it was called when I played) to win is huge for our small little town.

The game will be on NBC so many of you folks will get to see a part of our history, the oldest rink in the world.
I've been to Calumet many a time, as my dad was born and raised there. Was so excited to see them win! I remember the Armory well and all of the Oktoberfests and Flea Markets.

Hockeyville19Calumet

May 14, 2019
Mohawk MI
BUMP
I registered yesterday for tickets. They gave out wrist band as well yesterday. If you aren't lucky enough to win tickets the NHL is setting up huge big screen TV's on Agassiz (Calumet HS football field) field for an viewing party.

Reactions: Konnan511

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->