News Article: Kovy to the rescue

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
The Kings hired Pierre Turgeon as their offensive coordinator and it’s helped them in part improve their team offence. All options should be on the table for this organization. Kovalev or someone like Kovalev/Turgeon could help this impotent team.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
I wouldn't be against it. Imagine the work he could do with Scherbak.

Bergevin, Lapointe, Mellanby, Lefebvre, Daigneault, etc. being able to bring in Kovalev and accept him working with players on their offensive skills instead of their grinding? Yeah don't buy it.

Kovalev should wait for the cleansing.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I thought Bergevin was courting Kovalchuk for a second. Pretty sure the man will be back in NA in time for the playoffs.

But Kovalev... maybe as a skating coach? Our players can't pull half the puck control moves in Kovalev's arsenal so don't come here "creating" Kovalev hockey our guys can't execute lol.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Ya I don't know if he would actually be a good coach.

Does he not own/manage a team in Europe?

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Maybe a dumb question, buuuuuuuuut... is this just a 'headline' or is there an article that I just can't see ? (unless my browser decided to play tricks on me)

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
No it isn't. It comes off as desperate from him. And since when is good player = good coach? In fact it's rarely true.

He's not looking for a head coach gig. He's looking for an offensive coordinator position, which is starting to become more popular these days. He'd basically just help players with their skating, shooting, positioning, etc. It's on the same level as a conditioning coach.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
The Kings hired Pierre Turgeon as their offensive coordinator and it’s helped them in part improve their team offence. All options should be on the table for this organization. Kovalev or someone like Kovalev/Turgeon could help this impotent team.

The Kings also replaced their coach with a guy who opened up their all D game style.

Dustin Brown is reborn and the Kings are back in it.

You would need to 1st replace our coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad