Kovy rumors begin.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
This is WHY WD does not like Kovalchuk and plays him 12 minutes. WD was already coaching Team Canada hockey as an AST Coach in 2001. Russia and Kovalchuk beat Team Canada in 2001 and Kovalchuck skated through the ENTIRE Canada Team and scored the winning goal...he then scored an empty netter and before scoring, pumped his fist 2 or 3 times. WD remembers this, obviously. I remember it even....can you imagine if you were part of the coaching staff of Team Canada?

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
IF he bolts back to Russia isnt that a breach of contract and they can terminate his deal regardless of the over 35 clause?

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
This is WHY WD does not like Kovalchuk and plays him 12 minutes. WD was already coaching Team Canada hockey as an AST Coach in 2001. Russia and Kovalchuk beat Team Canada in 2001 and Kovalchuck skated through the ENTIRE Canada Team and scored the winning goal...he then scored an empty netter and before scoring, pumped his fist 2 or 3 times. WD remembers this, obviously. I remember it even....can you imagine if you were part of the coaching staff of Team Canada?

Yeah I'd think "would have been good if we'd have stopped that guy". If WD is still holding a grudge over this he should be somewhere coaching peewee.

As for the "rumors", not hard to figure out that Kovalchuck wold be upset about his ice time being reduced. Clickbait gonna clickbait.

Reactions: LAKings88

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
It is a click bait rumor but given his history and his expectations for this team it’s not hard to believe he would want out. Again all conjecture.

His contract will make him probably impossible to move to another team without retention.

Hopefully he sucks it up.

Kings are in a bad way.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
More bad asset management, the goal must be to tank all our player's values to as low as possible before trading them for scraps and retained cap space.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
From the beginning this was a desperation signing by Robitaille and Blake. I don't know if Kovalchuk came back to North America to win a Stanley Cup, or to live on the beach. I hope it's the former, and he is willing to accept a trade to the team of his choice.

Not sure how Kovalchuk could be a "cancer", because his on ice performance has been acceptable in my eyes.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
clickbait rumor, but if there's any truth to it, blackhole the f*** out of him.

Last thing this country club needs right now is russian drama, if you can nail two birds with one stone with that sacrificial lamb, go for it.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
Would be odd to trade a top 6 forward with 1 point to send a message then trade the leading scorer to send another message.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
If this is true, I would trade him to a contender (obviously he has an NMC) and take back a bad contract to get a 1st. WSH, TB, PIT etc (obviously TB can't trade their 1st in 2019, as it has been conditionally traded to NYR).

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Why would Washington do this?
For ice cream

tenor.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad