Rumor: Kovalev

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I'd be in 7th ****ing heaven! To heck with those who disagree!

Still the best hands ever!

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
wouldnt mind having him in the short training camp. if he looks like he can play then offer him a 1 year deal.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Kovys kid plays locally. My buddys son played against him at superior the other day. Kovy was there. From appearance...He didn't look like he will be playing anytime soon.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I am always a bit miffed by the love affair with Kovalev from some of the Rangers' fans. I thank him for '94, and thats it. I remember when dissecting the future after '94, he was a huge part of it, and he never lived up to it. And, like Messier, he was embarrassing in his 2nd stint. He was great at times, notably in Pittsburgh, but hes a borderline HOF talent who could have been a sure-fire thing, and just someone who cant play in NY. Maybe we should get the troll back for him.

Kovalev again in NY? With Torts? With the way this team plays??? No thanks.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Don't see the harm.

3rd line with Hagelin and Boyle

Pushes Pyatt to the 4th line with Halpern and Rupp.

I'd like to see it.

KreiMeARiver*

While I appreciate the question... "past his prime" is a gross understatement.

He's done. Period.

Also, I'll add that even if he had something left in the tank (which he doesn't), he wouldn't remotely fit in with this group, or with the plan.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
I am always a bit miffed by the love affair with Kovalev from some of the Rangers' fans. I thank him for '94, and thats it. I remember when dissecting the future after '94, he was a huge part of it, and he never lived up to it. And, like Messier, he was embarrassing in his 2nd stint. He was great at times, notably in Pittsburgh, but hes a borderline HOF talent who could have been a sure-fire thing, and just someone who cant play in NY. Maybe we should get the troll back for him.

Kovalev again in NY? With Torts? With the way this team plays??? No thanks.

I don't get it either. Other than the 94 playoffs, he was a better Penguin than a Ranger.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Why? why? WHY! No! We have better options and we can probably bend someone over for a trade for something better. Dude's washed up

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Not sure if there's a purpose but can't be too bad if it's a dismissable contract.

vstk

Jun 17, 2011
Valhalla, NY
I thought signing old has-beens is not the Rangers trademark anymore? Has everyone forgotten how well that worked out 10 years ago?

Never going to happen.

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
Don't really see Kovalev working with Torts, I'd pass.

Kasparaitis did one of the best things a Rangers player has done so far post-lockout, in making that Olympics video with Tyutin. For the life of me, I can't find it anywhere online and I look for it a lot :(

"This is my wife, Ingelaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. She's mad because we beat Sweden yesterday."

"This is Italian police officer, this is how they stand"

"This is Toots. Say 'hi' Toots"
"Hi."

Haha I loved that one. Your best bet is probably to drop Jim Cerny a line, if it's in the NYR archives somewhere he should have access to it. He's pretty responsive to fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->