Rumor: Kovalev

azrok22

Mar 8, 2006
I don't see this as having anything to do with the Rangers. I suspect that he shared ice time with other Rangers because he was in NY, not because NY had any interest in bringing him back, and it should not be surprising that he still owns real estate here.

Don't see him as anything close to a fit, both with regards to play style or available lineup positions.

Punxrocknyc19*

let's sign him and trade him to Dallas for Jagr.

:laugh: they should have never let Jagr leave lol but i say no to Kovalev. he was a very good player but now isnt the same type of player... 1 goal in 22 games last year in the KHL. he seems like he is washed up...

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
If he is with the rangers it will be the yearly human interest camp story that Slats loves to Invite. Nedved, Kasparaitus, etc. etc.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
Love Kovalev, favorite player of all time, but that ship has sailed. I remember Kovalev saying he'd never play for the NYR again after we re-acquired him from PIT only to ship him to MTL.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
I still shudder to think at the numbers he could have put up if he played to his potential every night.

That said hell no.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Why would we sign another RW? Especially one that's completely one-dimensional? Can't see him working with Torts.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I'm usually all for experiments, but no.

If we're going for old guys, I think a guy like Straka has a lot more left in the tank at 40 than Kovalev does.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Huge fan, but as others have stated, no.. unless the 4th line, and I dont see him wanting to do that.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Shortened season, 3rd line and 2nd pp duties........hmmm. I don't think he would mesh with Torts but who knows his motivations here. He could come in and serve as a great vet, or as history has shown us he won't play hard.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Don't really see Kovalev working with Torts, I'd pass.

If he is with the rangers it will be the yearly human interest camp story that Slats loves to Invite. Nedved, Kasparaitus, etc. etc.

Kasparaitis did one of the best things a Rangers player has done so far post-lockout, in making that Olympics video with Tyutin. For the life of me, I can't find it anywhere online and I look for it a lot :(

"This is my wife, Ingelaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. She's mad because we beat Sweden yesterday."

"This is Italian police officer, this is how they stand"

"This is Toots. Say 'hi' Toots"
"Hi."

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I wouldn't be at all surprised if we shopped around 1 year deals on projects with excess space that we (I actually don't know if we have with Redden on board)

But we could use a PP guy, for experimentation in the top 6. Per-Age Skroder, for example.

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
Don't really see Kovalev working with Torts, I'd pass.

Kasparaitis did one of the best things a Rangers player has done so far post-lockout, in making that Olympics video with Tyutin. For the life of me, I can't find it anywhere online and I look for it a lot :(

"This is my wife, Ingelaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. She's mad because we beat Sweden yesterday."

"This is Italian police officer, this is how they stand"

"This is Toots. Say 'hi' Toots"
"Hi."

"Nobody bumps into our goalie!"

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
kasparaitis and lundqvist were on the team together? i'd have though darius was gone by then.

kovy to the rangers like camby and kurt thomas to the knicks. sure, i'm fine with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->