Speculation: Kovalchuk's contract with Avengard is terminated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thierry

May 30, 2006
Montreal
At least, that's my understanding from this French article:

Kovalchuk rompt les liens avec l'Avangard

Does it mean he's setting the table for a comeback next year? Who would take him anyway? Maybe Hartley will be a HC soon and promises Kovalchuk a spot? Could he sign somewhere before the playoffs start?

It's probably a non-story, I was surprised to not see anything about on HFBoards...

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
His KHL regular season seemed fine point wise, but then 4 goals and 9 points in 24 playoff games is not good. Might be the Swiss league, not the NHL he will play in next year, unless he is just hanging the skates up.

Thierry

May 30, 2006
Montreal
His KHL regular season seemed fine point wise, but then 4 goals and 9 points in 24 playoff games is not good. Might be the Swiss league, not the NHL he will play in next year, unless he is just hanging the skates up.
Being Russian, I don't see him play anywhere else than KHL if it's not in the NHL. But yeah, hang them good after winning a championship is actually very logical.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
At least, that's my understanding from this French article:

Kovalchuk rompt les liens avec l'Avangard

Does it mean he's setting the table for a comeback next year? Who would take him anyway? Maybe Hartley will be a HC soon and promises Kovalchuk a spot? Could he sign somewhere before the playoffs start?

It's probably a non-story, I was surprised to not see anything about on HFBoards...

Still on the first page of this board:

Speculation: - Kovalchuck terminates his KHL contract, looking at the NHL again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad