Friedman: Kovalchuk Done Playing with the Kings

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Doesn't look like he is leaving to Russia or anything. Otherwise why offer him to practice? Seems like a personal issue, and he just needs some time.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
The other half of this year's bonus is due on December 15th, so perhaps there might be some action after that? Cap hit is rough, but the actual dollars are a bit more manageable (prorated 700K this season not counting bonus, 4.25 mil next year).

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
There goes our 3rd leading scoring forward.

All because both Willie and Todd think it's a good idea to put Kovy on the 2nd PP unit and the 3rd line on a regular basis.

You're in denial. It's not always the coaches' fault.

Kovalchuk is done.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
The title is misleading, makes it sound like Kovalchuk quit on the Kings. Yet the tweet reads like its the Kings tell him he won't be playing.

Obviously we don't know what's going on behind the scenes with Kovy, but this seems like poor management on the Kings part basically telling him to F off. He hasn't been great but the same can be said for 90% of this roster

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
I have a feeling hes not really doing anything they are asking of him. He gets pinned into his own zone way to frequently, doesn't pass well, hell every once in a while he happens to get the puck in a decent position and either shoots it wide or completely flubs it. I was hoping he'd work out, even if one dimensional but hes not at all.

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
what planet are you people on saying he hasn't been bad? he does absolutely nothing, in fact he hurts the team and hes making way to much for that.

Reactions: Reaper45

Nucks for the Cup

Jul 28, 2011
Vancouver
Hes pretty much doing what I expected him to be when he came back, putting up .5 ppg and still not caring about defence and having one of the worst plus minuses in the league. Still if Kings retain 50% and he goes to a team that will give him the ice time he needs to produce, 1st/2nd line 1st PP unit, could end up being a steal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad