Rumor: Kovalchuk available

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
These Kovalchuk proposals are brutal.

Much rather just hang on to him as he's our most skilled and creative player on the team.
Lots of people who just watch the statsheet.

This topic says it all. 9 GP and 14 points less than Kopitar. Yeah done....

Laughable

Besides, it looks like he loves it in LA. Everytime he scores a goal, he celebrates like it is the winning goal.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
He has been poorly used and shuffled around all season. He had a significant injury. He is finally finding some chemistry with Kempe and Hagelin and that line has looked good the past three games. LA had an abysmal start that tanked everyone’s numbers. Kovy is about a 20-30-50 point player now. Overpaid by a couple million. Fit and in great shape tho. He’ll last his contract.
Not arguing is longevity, or circumstances with the team as a whole that may have played into poor offensive numbers. Just calling out BS that he hasn't been given more than fair opportunity

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Not arguing is longevity, or circumstances with the team as a whole that may have played into poor offensive numbers. Just calling out BS that he hasn't been given more than fair opportunity
He's finally starting to get more minutes.

Nate Thompson was stealing his PP time earlier. And no that is not sarcasm.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
He's finally starting to get more minutes.

Nate Thompson was stealing his PP time earlier. And no that is not sarcasm.
But thats BS as well
Nate Thompson 23s of PP/G
Ilya Kovalchuk 2:44 of PP/G

Kovalchuk is 3rd for PP time on the Kings only behind Doughty(2:53), and Kopitar(2:47s)

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
But thats BS as well

Kovalchuk is 3rd for PP time on the Kings only behind Doughty(2:53), and Kopitar(2:47s)
Tell me have you watched every single Kings game this season or are you just one of those people that look at statistics?

Myself and other Kings fans have seen what's going on. Kovalchuk has not had a good opportunity on this team until recently. And even then he's playing on the 3rd line with Kempe and Hagelin.

dman3474

Feb 21, 2009
L.A.
Huberdeau is a -23 on the season, he is a terrible player. Same logic.

Kovi had a rough start, found his groove, got injured, came back to a new coach who played him on the 3rd/4th lines and didn't give him any pp time, nate thompson did. Slowly Kovi got more and more playing time and PP time.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
A clown ? Well not yet at least. Kovalchuck is essentially playing in the third line with scrub line mates, he doesn’t play with Kopitar/Carter if that’s what your thinking. Put him with a guy like Barkov and you have a 60 point player minimum for 6.25 a year. That’s pretty hard to find in today’s NHL. He’s far from done.

Yeah, he ditched his team in Jersey and rumors are that he may return to the K.

We take on that salary, it not only hurts the chances of Bob and Panarin, were also on the hook for the cap hit if he leaves.

He’s making 6+, he should be on the top two lines, what’s he not doing that has him on the 3rd. I clearly don’t watch the Kings, but you’d think that if he was able to be a capable line mate with Barkov that he’d be up with Kopitar being the guy you described.

member 88115

Lmao, quite a bit actually, but a guy who ditched his team in Jersey and has rumors circulating that he’d do it again...is a clown. What a dumb post.
Link on rumors claim cause I have not heard that before. Even when he got benched by Mr. AntiKovy

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Tell me have you watched every single Kings game this season or are you just one of those people that look at statistics?

Myself and other Kings fans have seen what's going on. Kovalchuk has not had a good opportunity on this team until recently. And even then he's playing on the 3rd line with Kempe and Hagelin.
"Tell me the earth isn't flat or are you just one of those people that look at science and facts"

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Link on rumors claim cause I have not heard that before. Even when he got benched by Mr. AntiKovy

Pretty sure I saw it hear, could be mistaken. But, he ran out one team, who’s to say he wouldn’t do it again.

But no thanks. Have no interest in him.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
3 years at 6 mil is ugly for an aging player that wont crack 20g or 50ptthis year

if the kings eat half his hit they might be able to unload him for something.

Burakovsky for [email protected]?

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles

But thats BS as well

What you're missing is the difference of usage under both coaches. Stevens used him on the PP. Desjardins did not until recently. Looking at time per game does nothing because it's out of context.

Reactions: Schmooley

ibleedkings

Rob Fake
Jul 19, 2004
Santa Clarita
Yeah, he ditched his team in Jersey and rumors are that he may return to the K.

We take on that salary, it not only hurts the chances of Bob and Panarin, were also on the hook for the cap hit if he leaves.

He’s making 6+, he should be on the top two lines, what’s he not doing that has him on the 3rd. I clearly don’t watch the Kings, but you’d think that if he was able to be a capable line mate with Barkov that he’d be up with Kopitar being the guy you described.

You’re forgetting that willie desjardins is the coach. This idiot has Nate Thompson playing more minutes than kovy. That should say it all.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Alzner is only one extra year. Him moving is the only way I'd see Montreal having interest in Kovy

Then there is no interest. As I said before LA would be better off just riding out his contract than taking on a longer cap dump. Especially when Kovy can still be productive.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Do you or (anyone else) know the reasoning why that would be? I thought all NMC’s had to be protected?

I believe it's because he would need to have a contract for the 2021-2022 season to be eligible to be protected with the NMC. So it's likely that his contract runs out at the perfect time and wouldn't need protection from everything I read.

member 88115

Pretty sure I saw it hear, could be mistaken. But, he ran out one team, who’s to say he wouldn’t do it again.

But no thanks. Have no interest in him.
I don't have a problem with you/your team not wanting him. But spreading misinformation is not cool. If he really wanted to be in the KHL, he would not of signed with LA. It seems Blake is trying to do the right thing, by sending Kovy to a contender since it all went to hell in LA. Im sure Kovy wants to play for the Cup contender and that is something we won't be in the years Kovy is signed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad